Metallica in Chain with Alice for LA Gig
Fans of rock bands Metallica and Alice in Chains could soon enjoy their being on the stage together as the two music acts are about to play together at a Hollywood benefit concert next month honoring Metallica singer James Hetfield who has battled addiction to drug.
As part of the gig, Hetfield and Metallica bassist Robert Trujillo will share the stage at Music Box at Henry Fonda on May 12 alongside Alice in Chains guitarist Jerry Cantrell and drummer Sean Kinney. The concert/dinner is a fund-raiser for the MusiCares MAP Fund, which provides members of the music community access to addiction recovery treatment regardless of their financial situation.
As for you to notice, Metallica and Alice in Chains both have struggled with addiction issues. Hetfield's personal battle was chronicled in the documentary "Some Kind of Monster," while Alice in Chains lost singer Layne Staley to a fatal drug overdose four years ago.
More Metallica News
- Prince's Rep Addresses Jay-Z's Rumored $40 Million Offer for His Unreleased Music
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Showrunner Bryan Fuller Departs the TV Series
- Kevin Hart Eyed to Play Santa Clause in Disney's 'Dashing Through the Snow'
- Kesha Previews 4 New Songs, Hopes to Release New Album 'Early Next Year'
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video