Metallica in Chain with Alice for LA Gig
Fans of rock bands Metallica and Alice in Chains could soon enjoy their being on the stage together as the two music acts are about to play together at a Hollywood benefit concert next month honoring Metallica singer James Hetfield who has battled addiction to drug.
As part of the gig, Hetfield and Metallica bassist Robert Trujillo will share the stage at Music Box at Henry Fonda on May 12 alongside Alice in Chains guitarist Jerry Cantrell and drummer Sean Kinney. The concert/dinner is a fund-raiser for the MusiCares MAP Fund, which provides members of the music community access to addiction recovery treatment regardless of their financial situation.
As for you to notice, Metallica and Alice in Chains both have struggled with addiction issues. Hetfield's personal battle was chronicled in the documentary "Some Kind of Monster," while Alice in Chains lost singer Layne Staley to a fatal drug overdose four years ago.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?