Metallica in Chain with Alice for LA Gig
Fans of rock bands Metallica and Alice in Chains could soon enjoy their being on the stage together as the two music acts are about to play together at a Hollywood benefit concert next month honoring Metallica singer James Hetfield who has battled addiction to drug.
As part of the gig, Hetfield and Metallica bassist Robert Trujillo will share the stage at Music Box at Henry Fonda on May 12 alongside Alice in Chains guitarist Jerry Cantrell and drummer Sean Kinney. The concert/dinner is a fund-raiser for the MusiCares MAP Fund, which provides members of the music community access to addiction recovery treatment regardless of their financial situation.
As for you to notice, Metallica and Alice in Chains both have struggled with addiction issues. Hetfield's personal battle was chronicled in the documentary "Some Kind of Monster," while Alice in Chains lost singer Layne Staley to a fatal drug overdose four years ago.
More Metallica News
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing
- Listen to The Weeknd and Cashmere Cat's 'Wild Love' Collab
- Robert Zemeckis Developing Noah's Ark in Space for NBC
- Kylie Jenner Flashes Her Bra Like Kendall After Denying Boob Job Rumors
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Put Their Wedding on Hold. Find Out Why!
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'