Metallica in Chain with Alice for LA Gig
Fans of rock bands Metallica and Alice in Chains could soon enjoy their being on the stage together as the two music acts are about to play together at a Hollywood benefit concert next month honoring Metallica singer James Hetfield who has battled addiction to drug.
As part of the gig, Hetfield and Metallica bassist Robert Trujillo will share the stage at Music Box at Henry Fonda on May 12 alongside Alice in Chains guitarist Jerry Cantrell and drummer Sean Kinney. The concert/dinner is a fund-raiser for the MusiCares MAP Fund, which provides members of the music community access to addiction recovery treatment regardless of their financial situation.
As for you to notice, Metallica and Alice in Chains both have struggled with addiction issues. Hetfield's personal battle was chronicled in the documentary "Some Kind of Monster," while Alice in Chains lost singer Layne Staley to a fatal drug overdose four years ago.
More Metallica News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics