Metallica in Chain with Alice for LA Gig
Fans of rock bands Metallica and Alice in Chains could soon enjoy their being on the stage together as the two music acts are about to play together at a Hollywood benefit concert next month honoring Metallica singer James Hetfield who has battled addiction to drug.
As part of the gig, Hetfield and Metallica bassist Robert Trujillo will share the stage at Music Box at Henry Fonda on May 12 alongside Alice in Chains guitarist Jerry Cantrell and drummer Sean Kinney. The concert/dinner is a fund-raiser for the MusiCares MAP Fund, which provides members of the music community access to addiction recovery treatment regardless of their financial situation.
As for you to notice, Metallica and Alice in Chains both have struggled with addiction issues. Hetfield's personal battle was chronicled in the documentary "Some Kind of Monster," while Alice in Chains lost singer Layne Staley to a fatal drug overdose four years ago.
More Metallica News
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off