Nominees of the 2006 MTV Movie Awards Announced
Scored tremendously big through "Wedding Crashers", Owen Wilson is really riding high on the success as two nominations of the 2006 MTV Movie Awards have already fallen to his hand and this amazingly also happened to his co-star, Vince Vaughn, and fellow funnyman Steve Carell from "The 40 Year-Old Virgin." All receiving the same nods in categories Best Comedic Performance and Best On-Screen Team, these three comedic actors subsequently boosted their own vehicles to rack up a leading five nominations apiece, including Best Movie category in which the films face "Batman Begins", "Sin City", and "King Kong" as their competitors.
Still sticking to its unusual categories, this year's event, however, has made some changes as it no longer distinguishes male and female actors, melding those of Most Desirable Male and Female into more gender-neutral Sexiest Performance also others of Best Actor and Actress into the solo category of Best Performance. Consequently, Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon, who both starred in "Walk the Line", were put up against each other in the latter category. Giving a nomination each to the likes of Cillian Murphy, Dakota Fanning, Paris Hilton, and Nelly, the event will announce the winners on June 3 in Culver City, California to then be aired by June 8 via MTV network while there is still no word on its host yet.
As for complete list of nominations, please go to http://www.mtv.com/ontv/movieawards/ma06/#/ontv/movieawards/ma06/.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle