A John Lennon Schoolbook Fetches £126,500
A John Lennon schoolbook containing the music legend's thoughts, drawings and poems has been sold at auction for £126,500.
The 10-page red exercise book, entitled "My Anthology", was copied when Lennon was still 12 years old and includes an illustration of a walrus, from Lewis Carroll's poem "The Walrus and the Carpenter".
The poem later on inspired Lennon to write The Beatles' 1967 song "I Am the Walrus." The book was sold to a private collector in a rock memorabilia auction at London waxwork museum Madame Tussauds.
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof