A John Lennon Schoolbook Fetches £126,500
A John Lennon schoolbook containing the music legend's thoughts, drawings and poems has been sold at auction for £126,500.
The 10-page red exercise book, entitled "My Anthology", was copied when Lennon was still 12 years old and includes an illustration of a walrus, from Lewis Carroll's poem "The Walrus and the Carpenter".
The poem later on inspired Lennon to write The Beatles' 1967 song "I Am the Walrus." The book was sold to a private collector in a rock memorabilia auction at London waxwork museum Madame Tussauds.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen