A John Lennon Schoolbook Fetches £126,500
A John Lennon schoolbook containing the music legend's thoughts, drawings and poems has been sold at auction for £126,500.
The 10-page red exercise book, entitled "My Anthology", was copied when Lennon was still 12 years old and includes an illustration of a walrus, from Lewis Carroll's poem "The Walrus and the Carpenter".
The poem later on inspired Lennon to write The Beatles' 1967 song "I Am the Walrus." The book was sold to a private collector in a rock memorabilia auction at London waxwork museum Madame Tussauds.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group