A John Lennon Schoolbook Fetches £126,500
A John Lennon schoolbook containing the music legend's thoughts, drawings and poems has been sold at auction for £126,500.
The 10-page red exercise book, entitled "My Anthology", was copied when Lennon was still 12 years old and includes an illustration of a walrus, from Lewis Carroll's poem "The Walrus and the Carpenter".
The poem later on inspired Lennon to write The Beatles' 1967 song "I Am the Walrus." The book was sold to a private collector in a rock memorabilia auction at London waxwork museum Madame Tussauds.
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom
- Celebrity Police Unit to Be Discontinued Following Big Bang's T.O.P's Marijuana Scandal
- Cara Delevingne Says She Wants to Be James Bond Amid Bond Girl Rumors
- Johnny Depp Demands Claim He Has 'Psychological Issues' Removed From Court Record
- Cheeky! Emily Ratajkowski Flashes Ample Cleavage in Polka Dot Outfit
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Anthony Scaramucci Hiring as New White House Press Secretary