A John Lennon Schoolbook Fetches £126,500
A John Lennon schoolbook containing the music legend's thoughts, drawings and poems has been sold at auction for £126,500.
The 10-page red exercise book, entitled "My Anthology", was copied when Lennon was still 12 years old and includes an illustration of a walrus, from Lewis Carroll's poem "The Walrus and the Carpenter".
The poem later on inspired Lennon to write The Beatles' 1967 song "I Am the Walrus." The book was sold to a private collector in a rock memorabilia auction at London waxwork museum Madame Tussauds.
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch