Those Make the List of Britain's Favorite Lyric
In a poll conducted by music channel VH1, Irish rock band U2 has its 1992 song "One" credited as Britain's Favorite Lyric thanks to its line "One life, with each other, sisters, brothers". Elsewhere, chosen as the 2nd Britain's Favorite Lyric is The Smiths' "How Soon is Now" of which line reading "So you go and you stand on your own, and you leave on your own, and you go home, and you cry, and you want to die".
Debut at No. 3 on the poll is Nirvana's "I feel stupid and contagious, here we are now, entertain us" from its "Smells Like Teen Spirit". Take the 4th place is Bob Marley's "Redemption Song", while Coldplay's "Yellow" secures the 5th place. Rounding out the Top 10 on the poll is Robbie Williams' uplifting "Angels" and Radiohead's sour "Creep."
To your notice, there are more than 13,000 people participated in the poll, choosing from a list of 100 lyrics selected by music industry figures.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked