Those Make the List of Britain's Favorite Lyric
In a poll conducted by music channel VH1, Irish rock band U2 has its 1992 song "One" credited as Britain's Favorite Lyric thanks to its line "One life, with each other, sisters, brothers". Elsewhere, chosen as the 2nd Britain's Favorite Lyric is The Smiths' "How Soon is Now" of which line reading "So you go and you stand on your own, and you leave on your own, and you go home, and you cry, and you want to die".
Debut at No. 3 on the poll is Nirvana's "I feel stupid and contagious, here we are now, entertain us" from its "Smells Like Teen Spirit". Take the 4th place is Bob Marley's "Redemption Song", while Coldplay's "Yellow" secures the 5th place. Rounding out the Top 10 on the poll is Robbie Williams' uplifting "Angels" and Radiohead's sour "Creep."
To your notice, there are more than 13,000 people participated in the poll, choosing from a list of 100 lyrics selected by music industry figures.
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones
- Scarlett Johansson Is the Highest-Grossing Actress of All Time
- Real Reason Why Caitlyn Jenner Didn't Attend Khloe Kardashian's Birthday Party Revealed
- Ariel Winter Goes Naked in the Bathtub Days After Breakup
- 'Preacher' Gets Expanded Season 2, '12 Monkeys' Is Renewed for Season 3
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer