Those Make the List of Britain's Favorite Lyric
In a poll conducted by music channel VH1, Irish rock band U2 has its 1992 song "One" credited as Britain's Favorite Lyric thanks to its line "One life, with each other, sisters, brothers". Elsewhere, chosen as the 2nd Britain's Favorite Lyric is The Smiths' "How Soon is Now" of which line reading "So you go and you stand on your own, and you leave on your own, and you go home, and you cry, and you want to die".
Debut at No. 3 on the poll is Nirvana's "I feel stupid and contagious, here we are now, entertain us" from its "Smells Like Teen Spirit". Take the 4th place is Bob Marley's "Redemption Song", while Coldplay's "Yellow" secures the 5th place. Rounding out the Top 10 on the poll is Robbie Williams' uplifting "Angels" and Radiohead's sour "Creep."
To your notice, there are more than 13,000 people participated in the poll, choosing from a list of 100 lyrics selected by music industry figures.
- CBS Renews 16 Series for 2017-2018 Season - Find Out Which Show Makes the Cut
- Rihanna Is Reportedly Not Surprised With Drake's New Sade Tattoo. Find Out Why
- It's Finally Here! Zayn Malik Releases New Single 'Still Got Time' Ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR
- Mariah Carey Plans to Throw More 'Subtle Shade' at Nicki Minaj
- Report: Generous George Clooney Under FBI Investigation for Money Laundering
- 'Justice League' Character Posters and Teasers Are Out, First Trailer Will Be Released Soon
- 'Twin Peaks' Revival: First Photos and Details Are Revealed
- FOX's' X-Men' Pilot 'Gifted' Unveils First BTS Photo Featuring Amy Acker