Proof of D12 Was Shot to Death
Proof, an Eminem protege and member of the Detroit rap group D12, was shot to death early Tuesday morning April 11th, 2006 in Detroit. The rapper, according to a spokeswoman for the Detroit police, was shot in the head at the CCC club on Eight Mile Road strip mall on Detroit's northern edge soon as a fight occurred at around 5 PM.
The star was rushed to Holy Cross Hospital in a private vehicle, but was pronounced dead on arrival. Moreover, police said that a 35-year-old man was also shot in the head and was listed in critical condition at St. John's Hospital. While investigation is underway, no suspects have been named.
In the meantime, "Memorial service arrangements are still being made, and his friends and family would appreciate privacy during this difficult time," said Dennis Dennehy, the publicist for D12 at Interscope Records.
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Flesh-Baring Outfit at Vogue 100 Festival in London
- Lil Wayne Blasts Cash Money Again Months After Reuniting With Birdman
- 'The Voice' Final Performances: Listen to the Top 4's Original Songs
- Justin Bieber Sings Taylor Swift's Song and Talks About Her First Love. Is He Mocking Her?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Long-Rumored Joint Album May Arrive Anytime Now