John Sells Clothes to Raise Money for AIDS Charity
Elton John is doing good with his abundant secondhand clothes by selling it for charity. The star cleans his closet, selling thousands of pieces of his personal wardrobe to raise money for his AIDS charity, "The Elton John Aids Foundation".
Items on sale at "Elton's Closet", the temporary shop set up in the concourse of Rockefeller Center in midtown Manhattan, include 10,000 coats, sweaters, suits and other garments worn by John and partner David Furnish. The sale begins Tuesday through Saturday with all proceeds benefit The Elton John Aids Foundation.
"The clothes have hardly been worn. Some of them haven't been worn," so John said. "There's the most extraordinary collection of T-shirts, your baseball caps, your shoes, from flamboyance to classic. And spend some money to help other people who desperately need their lives to be changed and improved, and you'll be doing a really good thing."
More Elton John News
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'