John Sells Clothes to Raise Money for AIDS Charity
Elton John is doing good with his abundant secondhand clothes by selling it for charity. The star cleans his closet, selling thousands of pieces of his personal wardrobe to raise money for his AIDS charity, "The Elton John Aids Foundation".
Items on sale at "Elton's Closet", the temporary shop set up in the concourse of Rockefeller Center in midtown Manhattan, include 10,000 coats, sweaters, suits and other garments worn by John and partner David Furnish. The sale begins Tuesday through Saturday with all proceeds benefit The Elton John Aids Foundation.
"The clothes have hardly been worn. Some of them haven't been worn," so John said. "There's the most extraordinary collection of T-shirts, your baseball caps, your shoes, from flamboyance to classic. And spend some money to help other people who desperately need their lives to be changed and improved, and you'll be doing a really good thing."
- Brad Pitt's Child Abuse Investigation Extended due to New Key Accusation
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer