John Sells Clothes to Raise Money for AIDS Charity
Elton John is doing good with his abundant secondhand clothes by selling it for charity. The star cleans his closet, selling thousands of pieces of his personal wardrobe to raise money for his AIDS charity, "The Elton John Aids Foundation".
Items on sale at "Elton's Closet", the temporary shop set up in the concourse of Rockefeller Center in midtown Manhattan, include 10,000 coats, sweaters, suits and other garments worn by John and partner David Furnish. The sale begins Tuesday through Saturday with all proceeds benefit The Elton John Aids Foundation.
"The clothes have hardly been worn. Some of them haven't been worn," so John said. "There's the most extraordinary collection of T-shirts, your baseball caps, your shoes, from flamboyance to classic. And spend some money to help other people who desperately need their lives to be changed and improved, and you'll be doing a really good thing."
More Elton John News
- Iggy Azalea and French Montana Are Pictured Kissing as a Source Confirms Their Relationship
- It's Official: 'Pretty Little Liars' to End With Season 7, 'Grimm' Canceled After 6 Seasons
- Red Band Trailer for 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' Sees Halle Berry as the Comedian's Bond Girl
- Watch Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj Ooze Sexiness in 'Side to Side' Video
- Is Kanye West Trying to Make Up With Taylor Swift With This Picture?
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Ben Affleck's Batman May Face Off Deathstroke in Solo Movie
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account