Janet Jackson's New Single Set for May Release
Virgin Urban president Jermaine Dupri told Billboard that the first single from Janet Jackson's upcoming album will be released to radio in May. Elsewhere, the album itself will then be released at the end of September.
Janet reportedly is once again working with producers Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis on the new set. "It's a milestone year for us and for the collaboration," Jam said while adding "It'll be 20 years since the release of (Jackson's 1986 album) 'Control,' so there's definitely a little bit of a nod to that on the new album."
Asked on Dupri involvement on the new set, Jam simply remarked "You'll hear my voice on some songs. But I don't know if Jermaine Dupri the artist exists anymore. I'm not into that right now. It's far on the back burner. It's probably in the cards somewhere down the road. But it's the last thing I'm thinking about right now."
More Janet Jackson News
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video