Janet Jackson's New Single Set for May Release
Virgin Urban president Jermaine Dupri told Billboard that the first single from Janet Jackson's upcoming album will be released to radio in May. Elsewhere, the album itself will then be released at the end of September.
Janet reportedly is once again working with producers Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis on the new set. "It's a milestone year for us and for the collaboration," Jam said while adding "It'll be 20 years since the release of (Jackson's 1986 album) 'Control,' so there's definitely a little bit of a nod to that on the new album."
Asked on Dupri involvement on the new set, Jam simply remarked "You'll hear my voice on some songs. But I don't know if Jermaine Dupri the artist exists anymore. I'm not into that right now. It's far on the back burner. It's probably in the cards somewhere down the road. But it's the last thing I'm thinking about right now."
More Janet Jackson News
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage