Janet Jackson's New Single Set for May Release
Virgin Urban president Jermaine Dupri told Billboard that the first single from Janet Jackson's upcoming album will be released to radio in May. Elsewhere, the album itself will then be released at the end of September.
Janet reportedly is once again working with producers Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis on the new set. "It's a milestone year for us and for the collaboration," Jam said while adding "It'll be 20 years since the release of (Jackson's 1986 album) 'Control,' so there's definitely a little bit of a nod to that on the new album."
Asked on Dupri involvement on the new set, Jam simply remarked "You'll hear my voice on some songs. But I don't know if Jermaine Dupri the artist exists anymore. I'm not into that right now. It's far on the back burner. It's probably in the cards somewhere down the road. But it's the last thing I'm thinking about right now."
- Chris Brown Accuser Told Her Friend Singer's 'About to Go Down' After Alleged Gun Incident
- 'Game of Thrones' Casts First New Addition for Season 7
- P. Diddy Teases Snippet of Cassie's New Single 'Make Up'
- 'Rogue One': Meet C2-B5, New Imperial Droid That Looks Like R2-D2
- Johnny Depp Reconnects With Kate Moss Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Kylie Jenner Surprises Tyga With $300,000 Bentley After His Ferrari Got 'Repossessed'
- Lady GaGa Teases 'Perfect Illusion' Music Video
- Rob Kardashian Reveals He Is Now Diabetes Free