Janet Jackson's New Single Set for May Release
Virgin Urban president Jermaine Dupri told Billboard that the first single from Janet Jackson's upcoming album will be released to radio in May. Elsewhere, the album itself will then be released at the end of September.
Janet reportedly is once again working with producers Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis on the new set. "It's a milestone year for us and for the collaboration," Jam said while adding "It'll be 20 years since the release of (Jackson's 1986 album) 'Control,' so there's definitely a little bit of a nod to that on the new album."
Asked on Dupri involvement on the new set, Jam simply remarked "You'll hear my voice on some songs. But I don't know if Jermaine Dupri the artist exists anymore. I'm not into that right now. It's far on the back burner. It's probably in the cards somewhere down the road. But it's the last thing I'm thinking about right now."
More Janet Jackson News
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Selena Gomez May Dump The Weeknd After He's Caught Texting Ex Bella Hadid
- BRIT Awards 2017: David Bowie Wins Top Prizes - See the Full Winner List
- 'Star' and 'Lethal Weapon' Renewed for Second Season on FOX
- Watch Kardashians-Inspired Cat Reality Show 'Keeping Up With The Kattarshians'
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Are Moving to L.A.
- Sara Sampaio Flashes Her Nipple in Sheer Dress at Milan Fashion Week