Starbucks Saved Tom Hanks' Life
Universal Pictures apparently intended to do it quick. Soon as the studio has acquired the rights to "How Starbucks Saved My Life", it directly attached Hollywood actor Tom Hanks to star in and Gus Van Sant to direct. Besides starring in, Hanks also is set to produce alongside Gary Goetzman.
Based on a 102-page proposal by Michael Gates Gill, the book centers on the writer, former J. Walter Thompson executive who found himself down and out when he was downsized out of a job. In his 60s and in a personal tailspin because of an affair that ended his marriage, Gill saw his luck change when he entered a Starbucks and walked out with a job offer from the store's manager, giving his life new purpose.
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo