Starbucks Saved Tom Hanks' Life
Universal Pictures apparently intended to do it quick. Soon as the studio has acquired the rights to "How Starbucks Saved My Life", it directly attached Hollywood actor Tom Hanks to star in and Gus Van Sant to direct. Besides starring in, Hanks also is set to produce alongside Gary Goetzman.
Based on a 102-page proposal by Michael Gates Gill, the book centers on the writer, former J. Walter Thompson executive who found himself down and out when he was downsized out of a job. In his 60s and in a personal tailspin because of an affair that ended his marriage, Gill saw his luck change when he entered a Starbucks and walked out with a job offer from the store's manager, giving his life new purpose.
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns
- Corey Gamble Reportedly Cheats on Kris Jenner With Kourtney Kardashian - Is It True?
- She's Scarily Skinny! Janice Dickinson Looks Thinner Amid Health Crisis
- Drake Blocks Ariana Grande and Blake Shelton From Billboard 200's No. 1
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch