Starbucks Saved Tom Hanks' Life
Universal Pictures apparently intended to do it quick. Soon as the studio has acquired the rights to "How Starbucks Saved My Life", it directly attached Hollywood actor Tom Hanks to star in and Gus Van Sant to direct. Besides starring in, Hanks also is set to produce alongside Gary Goetzman.
Based on a 102-page proposal by Michael Gates Gill, the book centers on the writer, former J. Walter Thompson executive who found himself down and out when he was downsized out of a job. In his 60s and in a personal tailspin because of an affair that ended his marriage, Gill saw his luck change when he entered a Starbucks and walked out with a job offer from the store's manager, giving his life new purpose.
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Finale Title Revealed - Here's How It May Hint at the Plot
- 'Justice League 2' Pushed Back to Make Room for Ben Affleck's 'Batman'
- Alexa PenaVega Gives Birth to First Child With Husband Carlos
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title