Box Office's Top 10 Entries
V apparently is not merely for "Vendetta", but "victory" as well. The political thriller, tentatively titled "V for Vendetta", has seized the box office's throne from its predecessor comedy romance "Failure to Launch", taking in an estimated $26.1 million to become the No. 1 movie in the US.
Last week's top movie, the romantic comedy "Failure to Launch" automatically drops one to 2nd place with $15.8 million. Last week's runner-up, "The Shaggy Dog," also slips one place to No. 3 brings in $13.6 million in ticket sales. Elsewhere, the new release "She's the Man" debuts at No.4 with $11 million in tickets sold.
Rounding out the top five is "The Hills Have Eyes" with $8.1 million, followed then by action thriller "16 Blocks" at No. 6 and "Eight Below" at No. 7. Comedy drama "Madea's Family Reunion", in the meantime, secures the 8th place with $3 million, ahead of "The Pink Panther" at No. 9 with $2.5 million. Finishing the Top 10 is comedy drama "Aquamarine" which takes in $2 million.
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington
- Like It or Not, Donald Trump's Inauguration Draws Second Biggest Ratings in 36 Years
- Madonna Defends 'Blowing Up the White House' Remark as Secret Service Is Planning to Investigate Her
- Is 'Once Upon a Time' Preparing a Musical Episode in Season 6?
- 'Split' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Hits $1 Billion Worldwide
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- The Weeknd's 'Starboy' Stays at No. 1, The xx's 'I See You' Nabs Second Place on Billboard 200
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video