Box Office's Top 10 Entries
V apparently is not merely for "Vendetta", but "victory" as well. The political thriller, tentatively titled "V for Vendetta", has seized the box office's throne from its predecessor comedy romance "Failure to Launch", taking in an estimated $26.1 million to become the No. 1 movie in the US.
Last week's top movie, the romantic comedy "Failure to Launch" automatically drops one to 2nd place with $15.8 million. Last week's runner-up, "The Shaggy Dog," also slips one place to No. 3 brings in $13.6 million in ticket sales. Elsewhere, the new release "She's the Man" debuts at No.4 with $11 million in tickets sold.
Rounding out the top five is "The Hills Have Eyes" with $8.1 million, followed then by action thriller "16 Blocks" at No. 6 and "Eight Below" at No. 7. Comedy drama "Madea's Family Reunion", in the meantime, secures the 8th place with $3 million, ahead of "The Pink Panther" at No. 9 with $2.5 million. Finishing the Top 10 is comedy drama "Aquamarine" which takes in $2 million.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show