Box Office's Top 10 Entries
V apparently is not merely for "Vendetta", but "victory" as well. The political thriller, tentatively titled "V for Vendetta", has seized the box office's throne from its predecessor comedy romance "Failure to Launch", taking in an estimated $26.1 million to become the No. 1 movie in the US.
Last week's top movie, the romantic comedy "Failure to Launch" automatically drops one to 2nd place with $15.8 million. Last week's runner-up, "The Shaggy Dog," also slips one place to No. 3 brings in $13.6 million in ticket sales. Elsewhere, the new release "She's the Man" debuts at No.4 with $11 million in tickets sold.
Rounding out the top five is "The Hills Have Eyes" with $8.1 million, followed then by action thriller "16 Blocks" at No. 6 and "Eight Below" at No. 7. Comedy drama "Madea's Family Reunion", in the meantime, secures the 8th place with $3 million, ahead of "The Pink Panther" at No. 9 with $2.5 million. Finishing the Top 10 is comedy drama "Aquamarine" which takes in $2 million.
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group
- Artist of the Week: DJ Snake
- Idris Elba Confirms He Is Done Filming His Part in 'The Dark Tower'
- Kylie Jenner Gets Banned From Entering Club Where Tyga Performs. Here's Why