Split, Phil Collins & Wife of Six Years, Orianne
Divorce. Is it a disease, virus, or trend? Anyway, British singer and songwriter Phil Collins and his wife of six years, Orianne Cevey, have decided to split, adding the number of celebrities whose marriages do not ever lasting.
"They have decided in the interests of their two children that it is better to separate," a publicist for Collins, Mara Buxbaum, said. "They are both very sad that it should come to this, but have as their priority the welfare and happiness of their children and are determined to remain friends and be loving parents to them."
Detailing on their decision, the couple said in a joint statement on Wednesday March 15th, 2006 that Collins will continue to live in Switzerland to be near to his two young children, Nicholas, 4, and Matthew, 1.
Further Buxbaum revealed that Collins and Orianne have lived separately since the beginning of the year and have been growing apart for some time, which they claimed has put too much pressure on their relationship.
- Ready to Settle Down? Taylor Lautner and Billie Lourd Already 'Talking Marriage'
- Inside Blake Shelton's Romantic Summer Tryst With Gwen Stefani
- Gal Gadot Nearly Quitted Acting Before Landing Wonder Woman Role
- Jamie Foxx and Katie Holmes Board Private Jet Together in Paris Despite Boldly Denying Romance
- Kylie Jenner Tells Bella Thorne to be Careful of 'Charming Player' Scott Disick
- 'Survivor: Game Changers': [Spoiler] Is Crowned the Winner of Season 34
- Is Gwen Stefani Pregnant With Blake Shelton's Child?
- Selena Gomez Reportedly Works With Beau The Weeknd on New Song Titled 'In Her Element'