Split, Phil Collins & Wife of Six Years, Orianne
Divorce. Is it a disease, virus, or trend? Anyway, British singer and songwriter Phil Collins and his wife of six years, Orianne Cevey, have decided to split, adding the number of celebrities whose marriages do not ever lasting.
"They have decided in the interests of their two children that it is better to separate," a publicist for Collins, Mara Buxbaum, said. "They are both very sad that it should come to this, but have as their priority the welfare and happiness of their children and are determined to remain friends and be loving parents to them."
Detailing on their decision, the couple said in a joint statement on Wednesday March 15th, 2006 that Collins will continue to live in Switzerland to be near to his two young children, Nicholas, 4, and Matthew, 1.
Further Buxbaum revealed that Collins and Orianne have lived separately since the beginning of the year and have been growing apart for some time, which they claimed has put too much pressure on their relationship.
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama