Split, Phil Collins & Wife of Six Years, Orianne
Divorce. Is it a disease, virus, or trend? Anyway, British singer and songwriter Phil Collins and his wife of six years, Orianne Cevey, have decided to split, adding the number of celebrities whose marriages do not ever lasting.
"They have decided in the interests of their two children that it is better to separate," a publicist for Collins, Mara Buxbaum, said. "They are both very sad that it should come to this, but have as their priority the welfare and happiness of their children and are determined to remain friends and be loving parents to them."
Detailing on their decision, the couple said in a joint statement on Wednesday March 15th, 2006 that Collins will continue to live in Switzerland to be near to his two young children, Nicholas, 4, and Matthew, 1.
Further Buxbaum revealed that Collins and Orianne have lived separately since the beginning of the year and have been growing apart for some time, which they claimed has put too much pressure on their relationship.
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert