Beckham Has His Teen Letters Sold at Auction
England football captain David Beckham has had his teen letters sold for £1,058 at Bonhams auction house in Chester, northwest England, as part of a sporting memorabilia sale. The superstar made the two letters and a drawing of a dog in the year 1991 when he was 16 and had just signed for English giant Manchester United.
Written to a friend called Lee, the letter read "I've been playing in the A-team instead of the B-team, which is brilliant. I've been doing really well with my football as well as with girls, because we are United players they all want to go with us. I got my first wage packet the other day and a bonus which come to £120 so that went into the bank and I have got about £250 in there now."
As of the picture, it actually is of a greyhound called Rosie Red at Walthamstow Stadium, where Beckham worked as a glass collector. Some other items sold at the same auction among others were a Manchester United FC blazer awarded to legendary player George Best in 1968 and a pair of size seven Reebok football boots signed by Best which fetched £4,700.
More David Beckham News
- Amber Rose Holds Hands With a Man While Leaving Nightclub
- J.Lo Premieres Heartbreaking Spanish Ballad 'Mirate' at the 2017 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- Nick Cannon Blasts Nicki Minaj's Booty on 'The Wendy Williams Show'
- First Look at Bobbi Kristina Brown Biopic Revealed
- Tilda Swinton Talks About Pig Dreams in Bizzare Viral Video for 'Okja'
- Dream Comes True! Kylie Jenner to Give Travis Scott a Horse for His 25th Birthday
- Listen to Katy Perry's Seductive Song 'Bon Appetit' Ft. Migos
- Bella Hadid Shows Off Lacy Bra and Flat Tummy in Crop Hoodie