Beckham Has His Teen Letters Sold at Auction
England football captain David Beckham has had his teen letters sold for £1,058 at Bonhams auction house in Chester, northwest England, as part of a sporting memorabilia sale. The superstar made the two letters and a drawing of a dog in the year 1991 when he was 16 and had just signed for English giant Manchester United.
Written to a friend called Lee, the letter read "I've been playing in the A-team instead of the B-team, which is brilliant. I've been doing really well with my football as well as with girls, because we are United players they all want to go with us. I got my first wage packet the other day and a bonus which come to £120 so that went into the bank and I have got about £250 in there now."
As of the picture, it actually is of a greyhound called Rosie Red at Walthamstow Stadium, where Beckham worked as a glass collector. Some other items sold at the same auction among others were a Manchester United FC blazer awarded to legendary player George Best in 1968 and a pair of size seven Reebok football boots signed by Best which fetched £4,700.
More David Beckham News
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'