Beckham Has His Teen Letters Sold at Auction
England football captain David Beckham has had his teen letters sold for £1,058 at Bonhams auction house in Chester, northwest England, as part of a sporting memorabilia sale. The superstar made the two letters and a drawing of a dog in the year 1991 when he was 16 and had just signed for English giant Manchester United.
Written to a friend called Lee, the letter read "I've been playing in the A-team instead of the B-team, which is brilliant. I've been doing really well with my football as well as with girls, because we are United players they all want to go with us. I got my first wage packet the other day and a bonus which come to £120 so that went into the bank and I have got about £250 in there now."
As of the picture, it actually is of a greyhound called Rosie Red at Walthamstow Stadium, where Beckham worked as a glass collector. Some other items sold at the same auction among others were a Manchester United FC blazer awarded to legendary player George Best in 1968 and a pair of size seven Reebok football boots signed by Best which fetched £4,700.
More David Beckham News
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years
- Nick Young Wants Chris Brown Out of Their Neighborhood: 'You're Making the Block Hot'
- New 'Jumanji' Film Adds Karen Gillan in Major Role
- Black Eyed Peas Remakes 'Where Is the Love' With Usher, Jaden Smith and More for Charity
- Emma Roberts Goes Topless for Mario Testino's Towel Series Shot
- Hot Mama! Bar Refaeli Flaunts Her Bikini Body Just Three Weeks After Giving Birth
- ABC Reveals Nick Viall as the Next Bachelor and Spoils the Result of His 'Paradise' Stint
- New 'Doctor Strange' Featurette Offers New Details About Ancient One, Mordo and Kaecilius