Beckham Has His Teen Letters Sold at Auction
England football captain David Beckham has had his teen letters sold for £1,058 at Bonhams auction house in Chester, northwest England, as part of a sporting memorabilia sale. The superstar made the two letters and a drawing of a dog in the year 1991 when he was 16 and had just signed for English giant Manchester United.
Written to a friend called Lee, the letter read "I've been playing in the A-team instead of the B-team, which is brilliant. I've been doing really well with my football as well as with girls, because we are United players they all want to go with us. I got my first wage packet the other day and a bonus which come to £120 so that went into the bank and I have got about £250 in there now."
As of the picture, it actually is of a greyhound called Rosie Red at Walthamstow Stadium, where Beckham worked as a glass collector. Some other items sold at the same auction among others were a Manchester United FC blazer awarded to legendary player George Best in 1968 and a pair of size seven Reebok football boots signed by Best which fetched £4,700.
More David Beckham News
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones
- Scarlett Johansson Is the Highest-Grossing Actress of All Time
- Real Reason Why Caitlyn Jenner Didn't Attend Khloe Kardashian's Birthday Party Revealed
- Ariel Winter Goes Naked in the Bathtub Days After Breakup
- 'Preacher' Gets Expanded Season 2, '12 Monkeys' Is Renewed for Season 3
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer