Beckham Has His Teen Letters Sold at Auction
England football captain David Beckham has had his teen letters sold for £1,058 at Bonhams auction house in Chester, northwest England, as part of a sporting memorabilia sale. The superstar made the two letters and a drawing of a dog in the year 1991 when he was 16 and had just signed for English giant Manchester United.
Written to a friend called Lee, the letter read "I've been playing in the A-team instead of the B-team, which is brilliant. I've been doing really well with my football as well as with girls, because we are United players they all want to go with us. I got my first wage packet the other day and a bonus which come to £120 so that went into the bank and I have got about £250 in there now."
As of the picture, it actually is of a greyhound called Rosie Red at Walthamstow Stadium, where Beckham worked as a glass collector. Some other items sold at the same auction among others were a Manchester United FC blazer awarded to legendary player George Best in 1968 and a pair of size seven Reebok football boots signed by Best which fetched £4,700.
More David Beckham News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story