Def, Okonedo Set to Star in Stringbean and Marcus
Notable rapper Mos Def and Sophie Okonedo are both in final talks to star in the indie drama "Stringbean and Marcus," which was written and will be directed by first-time feature helmer Tanya Hamilton.
Set in 1978, "Stringbean and Marcus" focuses on the broken love affair between two former Black Panther members (Mos Def and Okonedo) and is told through the eyes of an adolescent girl.
Will produce the flick for RedBone Films is Sean Costello, Jen Roskind and Samara Koffler. Shooting is scheduled to begin in July later this year in Philadelphia.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'