Def, Okonedo Set to Star in Stringbean and Marcus
Notable rapper Mos Def and Sophie Okonedo are both in final talks to star in the indie drama "Stringbean and Marcus," which was written and will be directed by first-time feature helmer Tanya Hamilton.
Set in 1978, "Stringbean and Marcus" focuses on the broken love affair between two former Black Panther members (Mos Def and Okonedo) and is told through the eyes of an adolescent girl.
Will produce the flick for RedBone Films is Sean Costello, Jen Roskind and Samara Koffler. Shooting is scheduled to begin in July later this year in Philadelphia.
- Rob Kardashian Ready to Find Love on New Reality Show After Blac Chyna Split
- Khloe Kardashian Reveals Secret to Her Big and Perky Butt
- James Franco and Seth Rogen Are Developing '90s Teen Drama for Hulu
- Disney Opens Up About Leia's Role, Han Solo Movie and the Future of 'Star Wars'
- Rihanna's Pals Begging Her to Stay Away From Chris Brown Amid Rumors Exes Are Reconnecting
- Elisabeth Moss Stands Up for Herself in 'Handmaid's Tale' Full Trailer
- Kendrick Lamar Goes After Donald Trump and Fellow Rapper on 'The Heart Part 4'
- New 'Alien: Covenant' Poster Features Xenomorphs Suffocating the Engineers