Def, Okonedo Set to Star in Stringbean and Marcus
Notable rapper Mos Def and Sophie Okonedo are both in final talks to star in the indie drama "Stringbean and Marcus," which was written and will be directed by first-time feature helmer Tanya Hamilton.
Set in 1978, "Stringbean and Marcus" focuses on the broken love affair between two former Black Panther members (Mos Def and Okonedo) and is told through the eyes of an adolescent girl.
Will produce the flick for RedBone Films is Sean Costello, Jen Roskind and Samara Koffler. Shooting is scheduled to begin in July later this year in Philadelphia.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show