Def, Okonedo Set to Star in Stringbean and Marcus
Notable rapper Mos Def and Sophie Okonedo are both in final talks to star in the indie drama "Stringbean and Marcus," which was written and will be directed by first-time feature helmer Tanya Hamilton.
Set in 1978, "Stringbean and Marcus" focuses on the broken love affair between two former Black Panther members (Mos Def and Okonedo) and is told through the eyes of an adolescent girl.
Will produce the flick for RedBone Films is Sean Costello, Jen Roskind and Samara Koffler. Shooting is scheduled to begin in July later this year in Philadelphia.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris