Hoffman Lands New Role in the "Savages"
Has just won an Oscar apparently doesn't make Philip Seymour Hoffman easily feels satisfied, in fact he keeps moving on honing his acting talent more and more. Thus, the actor reportedly has signed on to star in the upcoming comedy drama "The Savages", joining the already on board cast Laura Linney.
The Fox Searchlight film is written by Tamara Jenkins, who will direct as well. The film revolves around a pair of adult siblings (Hoffman, Linney) who are obliged to care for their estranged and ailing elderly father who never took care of them. As they do, they confront the legacy of their upbringing and the realities of familial responsibility.
Filming is scheduled to begin in April in New York.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars