Hoffman Lands New Role in the "Savages"
Has just won an Oscar apparently doesn't make Philip Seymour Hoffman easily feels satisfied, in fact he keeps moving on honing his acting talent more and more. Thus, the actor reportedly has signed on to star in the upcoming comedy drama "The Savages", joining the already on board cast Laura Linney.
The Fox Searchlight film is written by Tamara Jenkins, who will direct as well. The film revolves around a pair of adult siblings (Hoffman, Linney) who are obliged to care for their estranged and ailing elderly father who never took care of them. As they do, they confront the legacy of their upbringing and the realities of familial responsibility.
Filming is scheduled to begin in April in New York.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance