Winners of the 2006 Independent Spirit Awards
Another prestigious award went to Philip Seymour Hoffman as the actor has been named Best Male Lead at this year's Independent Spirit Awards held on Saturday, March 4. "It's ludicrous, and I've been given enough," he commented gratefully. "It's all nerve-wracking." His fellow thespian, Matt Dillon, also brought home one award for his winning in the Supporting Male category, accompanied by Amy Adams who took the same honor in female side. As for the Best Female Lead category, it's none other than the "Transamerica" star, Felicity Huffman, that finally nabbed the title.
In the meantime, gay cowboy movie "Brokeback Mountain" still shows its award dominance, taking the honor of Best Feature as well as Best Director for Ang Lee while its competitor at Oscar, "Good Night And Good Luck", only succeed in winning technical category of Best Cinematography. Complete list of winners can be accessed through http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,18491,00.html?tnews.
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'
- Goo Hara Is Accused of Smoking Marijuana After Posting a Photo of Hand-Rolled Cigarette
- Chrissy Teigen Is Blocked by Donald Trump After Posting This on Twitter
- Rick Ross Won't Sign Female Rapper to His Label as He Will 'End Up F**king' Her
- Amber Rose Reveals Kanye West Almost Caused Her to Commit Suicide After Their Breakup
- Full-Length Trailer for 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' Re-Release Unleashed