Winners of the 2006 Independent Spirit Awards
Another prestigious award went to Philip Seymour Hoffman as the actor has been named Best Male Lead at this year's Independent Spirit Awards held on Saturday, March 4. "It's ludicrous, and I've been given enough," he commented gratefully. "It's all nerve-wracking." His fellow thespian, Matt Dillon, also brought home one award for his winning in the Supporting Male category, accompanied by Amy Adams who took the same honor in female side. As for the Best Female Lead category, it's none other than the "Transamerica" star, Felicity Huffman, that finally nabbed the title.
In the meantime, gay cowboy movie "Brokeback Mountain" still shows its award dominance, taking the honor of Best Feature as well as Best Director for Ang Lee while its competitor at Oscar, "Good Night And Good Luck", only succeed in winning technical category of Best Cinematography. Complete list of winners can be accessed through http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,18491,00.html?tnews.
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic