Queen Latifah Added to "Hairspray" Cast
The new version of musical "Hairspray" adds one more star to its cast as Queen Latifah has signed on to play the character Motormouth Maybelle, teaming up with "Grease" star John Travolta. This project therefore reunited the singer-actress with Craig Zadan and Neil Meron whom she had collaborated with in "Chicago" as well as Adam Shankman, who previously had directed her in his 2003 effort, "Bringing Down the House."
"Hairspray" centers on the story of teenager Tracy Turnblad who gets popular after appearing on a local TV show in Baltimore during the early 1960s and then uses her newfound fame to fight for racial integration. Filming is slated to start this fall for a 2007 release under the distribution of New Line Cinema.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?