Queen Latifah Added to "Hairspray" Cast
The new version of musical "Hairspray" adds one more star to its cast as Queen Latifah has signed on to play the character Motormouth Maybelle, teaming up with "Grease" star John Travolta. This project therefore reunited the singer-actress with Craig Zadan and Neil Meron whom she had collaborated with in "Chicago" as well as Adam Shankman, who previously had directed her in his 2003 effort, "Bringing Down the House."
"Hairspray" centers on the story of teenager Tracy Turnblad who gets popular after appearing on a local TV show in Baltimore during the early 1960s and then uses her newfound fame to fight for racial integration. Filming is slated to start this fall for a 2007 release under the distribution of New Line Cinema.
- People's Choice Awards 2017: Ellen DeGeneres Breaks Record With 20th Win
- Fergie and Josh Duhamel Are Trying for Baby No. 2
- Khloe Kardashian Is 'Thrilled' She's Expecting First Child With Tristan Thompson
- Sony's Animated 'Spider-Man' Movie Will Feature Miles Morales as the Lead
- People's Choice Awards 2017: J.Lo, Blake Lively, Kristen Bell Stun on Red Carpet
- Grammy Awards 2017: John Legend, Metallica Among First Performers Announced
- Is Charlize Theron's Adopted Son Becoming a Girl? He Wears Box Braids and Pink Outfit
- Ciara and Ex-Fiance Future Reach Custody Agreement Over Son Future Jr.