Queen Latifah Added to "Hairspray" Cast
The new version of musical "Hairspray" adds one more star to its cast as Queen Latifah has signed on to play the character Motormouth Maybelle, teaming up with "Grease" star John Travolta. This project therefore reunited the singer-actress with Craig Zadan and Neil Meron whom she had collaborated with in "Chicago" as well as Adam Shankman, who previously had directed her in his 2003 effort, "Bringing Down the House."
"Hairspray" centers on the story of teenager Tracy Turnblad who gets popular after appearing on a local TV show in Baltimore during the early 1960s and then uses her newfound fame to fight for racial integration. Filming is slated to start this fall for a 2007 release under the distribution of New Line Cinema.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle