Film Stars to Come Out from Green Cars at Oscars
Participating in the fourth annual Red Carpet, Green Cars event, movie stars like George Clooney, Joaquin Phoenix, Jake Gyllenhaal, Frances McDormand, and Jennifer Aniston will arrive at Oscars in green cars before they walk through the red carpet to the award ceremony. Sponsored by Toyota Motor Corp. and the environmental organization Global Green USA, the event will use the Toyota or Lexus hybrids to pick up all of those VIPs.
Kathy Kniss, the event spokeswoman, said that initially the program began with only four participants in 2002, but since then the interest in fuel-efficient vehicles has grown quite satisfyingly. "There's a huge, huge following. People are flocking to the hybrids," so she said. In the meantime, other automakers, such as Ford Motor Co. and General Motors Corp., are also ready to get into the act, lending their cars to be used by other celebrities who will attend this year's Academy Awards slated to be held on Sunday, March 5.
More George Clooney News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked