Film Stars to Come Out from Green Cars at Oscars
Participating in the fourth annual Red Carpet, Green Cars event, movie stars like George Clooney, Joaquin Phoenix, Jake Gyllenhaal, Frances McDormand, and Jennifer Aniston will arrive at Oscars in green cars before they walk through the red carpet to the award ceremony. Sponsored by Toyota Motor Corp. and the environmental organization Global Green USA, the event will use the Toyota or Lexus hybrids to pick up all of those VIPs.
Kathy Kniss, the event spokeswoman, said that initially the program began with only four participants in 2002, but since then the interest in fuel-efficient vehicles has grown quite satisfyingly. "There's a huge, huge following. People are flocking to the hybrids," so she said. In the meantime, other automakers, such as Ford Motor Co. and General Motors Corp., are also ready to get into the act, lending their cars to be used by other celebrities who will attend this year's Academy Awards slated to be held on Sunday, March 5.
More George Clooney News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris