Film Stars to Come Out from Green Cars at Oscars
Participating in the fourth annual Red Carpet, Green Cars event, movie stars like George Clooney, Joaquin Phoenix, Jake Gyllenhaal, Frances McDormand, and Jennifer Aniston will arrive at Oscars in green cars before they walk through the red carpet to the award ceremony. Sponsored by Toyota Motor Corp. and the environmental organization Global Green USA, the event will use the Toyota or Lexus hybrids to pick up all of those VIPs.
Kathy Kniss, the event spokeswoman, said that initially the program began with only four participants in 2002, but since then the interest in fuel-efficient vehicles has grown quite satisfyingly. "There's a huge, huge following. People are flocking to the hybrids," so she said. In the meantime, other automakers, such as Ford Motor Co. and General Motors Corp., are also ready to get into the act, lending their cars to be used by other celebrities who will attend this year's Academy Awards slated to be held on Sunday, March 5.
More George Clooney News
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!