Film Stars to Come Out from Green Cars at Oscars
Participating in the fourth annual Red Carpet, Green Cars event, movie stars like George Clooney, Joaquin Phoenix, Jake Gyllenhaal, Frances McDormand, and Jennifer Aniston will arrive at Oscars in green cars before they walk through the red carpet to the award ceremony. Sponsored by Toyota Motor Corp. and the environmental organization Global Green USA, the event will use the Toyota or Lexus hybrids to pick up all of those VIPs.
Kathy Kniss, the event spokeswoman, said that initially the program began with only four participants in 2002, but since then the interest in fuel-efficient vehicles has grown quite satisfyingly. "There's a huge, huge following. People are flocking to the hybrids," so she said. In the meantime, other automakers, such as Ford Motor Co. and General Motors Corp., are also ready to get into the act, lending their cars to be used by other celebrities who will attend this year's Academy Awards slated to be held on Sunday, March 5.
More George Clooney News
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'