Spears Photos Inspired Child Car-Seat Safety Laws
Still remember the sensational photos of her driving a car with her baby on her lap? Despite the many critics and negative response addressed to her, we probably should thank Britney Spears over the pictures for it at least resulted in one good consequence.
Though tend to call "recent photos of Britney Spears driving with her infant son on her lap are troubling," Transportation Secretary Norman Mineta could positively draw a lesson from it, which then prompted him to announce $25 million in new federal funding over the next four years to states that pass and enforce new or tougher booster- seat laws.
Mineta said "Each year, over 53,000 kids are needlessly injured in crashes. If all of these children had been riding in a booster seat, it's possible that thousands of them would have escaped their crashes virtually unharmed." Further he added that children roughly from about age 4 to age 8, as long as they are under 4-feet-9, should be placed in booster seats.
More Britney Spears News
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up