Spears Photos Inspired Child Car-Seat Safety Laws
Still remember the sensational photos of her driving a car with her baby on her lap? Despite the many critics and negative response addressed to her, we probably should thank Britney Spears over the pictures for it at least resulted in one good consequence.
Though tend to call "recent photos of Britney Spears driving with her infant son on her lap are troubling," Transportation Secretary Norman Mineta could positively draw a lesson from it, which then prompted him to announce $25 million in new federal funding over the next four years to states that pass and enforce new or tougher booster- seat laws.
Mineta said "Each year, over 53,000 kids are needlessly injured in crashes. If all of these children had been riding in a booster seat, it's possible that thousands of them would have escaped their crashes virtually unharmed." Further he added that children roughly from about age 4 to age 8, as long as they are under 4-feet-9, should be placed in booster seats.
More Britney Spears News
- Caitlyn Jenner Surprises Kim Kardashian With Bare-Butt Sculpture
- Amber Heard Denies She Blackmailed Johnny Depp
- Watch Fifth Harmony Bring Out Ty Dolla $ign for Mini Concert on 'Today' Show
- Get First Images and Details of 'Cars 3'
- Will There Be More 'Matrix' Movies? Here's What Joel Silver Says
- Topher Grace Marries Fiancee Ashley Hinshaw in Private Ceremony
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Proposals and Villain Already in Week 2
- Katy Perry's Twitter Account Is Hacked, Posts Tweet About Taylor Swift