Lachey Launches Internet Chat and Networking Site
Nick Lachey was having his lunch in Brentwood, Calif. when Internet security expert Parry Aftab approached him and told him that his name is one of the more frequent names used by pedophiles to lure unsuspecting teens. Finding such phenomenon is shocking of course.
Though, the singer has had a way out for that. Teaming up with Aftab, and two entrepreneurs, Lachey co-founded www.yfly.com, a safe Internet chat and networking site created for teens, which blocks uninvited guests. The site reportedly has been launched Feb 2nd, 2006.
"We thought we could do something special, if we all put our resources together," Lachey says. "This is new to me. The whole thing of networking online wasn't around when I was a teen. I wasn't aware of how big a problem this was. And when you are 17 you have no idea of who you are dealing with."
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army
- Meghan Trainor to Release New Song 'I'm a Lady'