Lachey Launches Internet Chat and Networking Site
Nick Lachey was having his lunch in Brentwood, Calif. when Internet security expert Parry Aftab approached him and told him that his name is one of the more frequent names used by pedophiles to lure unsuspecting teens. Finding such phenomenon is shocking of course.
Though, the singer has had a way out for that. Teaming up with Aftab, and two entrepreneurs, Lachey co-founded www.yfly.com, a safe Internet chat and networking site created for teens, which blocks uninvited guests. The site reportedly has been launched Feb 2nd, 2006.
"We thought we could do something special, if we all put our resources together," Lachey says. "This is new to me. The whole thing of networking online wasn't around when I was a teen. I wasn't aware of how big a problem this was. And when you are 17 you have no idea of who you are dealing with."
More Nick Lachey News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics