Lachey Launches Internet Chat and Networking Site
Nick Lachey was having his lunch in Brentwood, Calif. when Internet security expert Parry Aftab approached him and told him that his name is one of the more frequent names used by pedophiles to lure unsuspecting teens. Finding such phenomenon is shocking of course.
Though, the singer has had a way out for that. Teaming up with Aftab, and two entrepreneurs, Lachey co-founded www.yfly.com, a safe Internet chat and networking site created for teens, which blocks uninvited guests. The site reportedly has been launched Feb 2nd, 2006.
"We thought we could do something special, if we all put our resources together," Lachey says. "This is new to me. The whole thing of networking online wasn't around when I was a teen. I wasn't aware of how big a problem this was. And when you are 17 you have no idea of who you are dealing with."
More Nick Lachey News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story