U2's Bono Launched Product Red
Rock star Bono of music group U2 teamed up with three leading fashion groups, Gap, Giorgio Armani and Converse, and American Express Thursday Jan 26th to launch Product Red, an ambitious branding and fund-raising scheme which is aimed at beating AIDS.
Bring the idea into life, one percent of money that customers spend on the card will go to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, which supports nearly half a million people on AIDS treatment and a similar number of children orphaned by the disease.
While holding aloft a new Amex 'Red Card' whose reverse side carries the statement: "This card is designed to eliminate HIV in Africa," the Irish singer said "This is really sexy to me. It is sexy to want to change the world."
More Bono News
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl