U2's Bono Launched Product Red
Rock star Bono of music group U2 teamed up with three leading fashion groups, Gap, Giorgio Armani and Converse, and American Express Thursday Jan 26th to launch Product Red, an ambitious branding and fund-raising scheme which is aimed at beating AIDS.
Bring the idea into life, one percent of money that customers spend on the card will go to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, which supports nearly half a million people on AIDS treatment and a similar number of children orphaned by the disease.
While holding aloft a new Amex 'Red Card' whose reverse side carries the statement: "This card is designed to eliminate HIV in Africa," the Irish singer said "This is really sexy to me. It is sexy to want to change the world."
- New Couple Alert! Bow Wow Reportedly Dating This Blonde Reality Star
- The First Heart-Wrenching Trailer of 'Wonder' Sees Julia Roberts, Owen Wilson and Jacob Tremblay
- Chris Cornell's Wife Pens Letter to Late Singer: 'I Will Stand Up for You'
- Gucci Mane Shares 'Drop Top Wop' Release Date and Track List, Premieres New Video 'Hurt Feelings'
- Odell Beckham Jr. and Iggy Azalea Are Cozying Up in Romantic Bowling Date
- Kim Kardashian Posts Sweet Tribute to 'Best Husband' Kanye West on 3-Year Anniversary
- 'John Wick 3' Script Is Being Written, Filming May Begin Later This Year
- Florida Georgia Line to Perform With The Chainsmokers at the 2017 CMT Music Awards