Cassidy Found Guilty of Manslaughter
Rapper Cassidy has on Tuesday Jan 24th, 2006 convicted of involuntary manslaughter and aggravated assault. The star was charged with first-degree murder for the shooting death of Desmond Hawkins behind his Philadelphia home April last year.
According to the explanation given by the police, in April 2005 Cassidy and two other men, armed with gun, fired on three other men during an argument in northwest Philadelphia neighborhood. As a result, Desmond Hawkins then died from a gunshot wound to the back while the two other men were treated at area hospitals for gunshot wounds.
"It's a tragic situation for me too I didn't set up for this to happen. Desmond Hawkins was my friend ... one of my closest friends." Cassidy told Common Pleas Judge Jane Cutler Greenspan. Though that doesn't prevent the rapper to be sentenced to 11 1/2 to 23 months in prison, which means his actual term will be short since he has been in jail since surrendering to police in June.
More Cassidy News
- Sienna Miller Still Cares 'Enormously' for Ex-Fiance Jude Law
- Zendaya Coleman Criticized for Posting This Racy Picture
- Jay-Z Is Featured on Pusha T's New Track 'Drug Dealers Anonymous'
- Michael Bay Unveils 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Villain
- Meek Mill and 50 Cent Show Support for Troy Ave After Irving Plaza Shooting
- Drake Gets 'Lovey Dovey' With Hailey Baldwin at His Memorial Day Party
- Josh Duhamel Reveals Fergie Will Release New Album This Week and Go on Tour Next Year
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017