Cassidy Found Guilty of Manslaughter
Rapper Cassidy has on Tuesday Jan 24th, 2006 convicted of involuntary manslaughter and aggravated assault. The star was charged with first-degree murder for the shooting death of Desmond Hawkins behind his Philadelphia home April last year.
According to the explanation given by the police, in April 2005 Cassidy and two other men, armed with gun, fired on three other men during an argument in northwest Philadelphia neighborhood. As a result, Desmond Hawkins then died from a gunshot wound to the back while the two other men were treated at area hospitals for gunshot wounds.
"It's a tragic situation for me too I didn't set up for this to happen. Desmond Hawkins was my friend ... one of my closest friends." Cassidy told Common Pleas Judge Jane Cutler Greenspan. Though that doesn't prevent the rapper to be sentenced to 11 1/2 to 23 months in prison, which means his actual term will be short since he has been in jail since surrendering to police in June.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival