Cassidy Found Guilty of Manslaughter
Rapper Cassidy has on Tuesday Jan 24th, 2006 convicted of involuntary manslaughter and aggravated assault. The star was charged with first-degree murder for the shooting death of Desmond Hawkins behind his Philadelphia home April last year.
According to the explanation given by the police, in April 2005 Cassidy and two other men, armed with gun, fired on three other men during an argument in northwest Philadelphia neighborhood. As a result, Desmond Hawkins then died from a gunshot wound to the back while the two other men were treated at area hospitals for gunshot wounds.
"It's a tragic situation for me too I didn't set up for this to happen. Desmond Hawkins was my friend ... one of my closest friends." Cassidy told Common Pleas Judge Jane Cutler Greenspan. Though that doesn't prevent the rapper to be sentenced to 11 1/2 to 23 months in prison, which means his actual term will be short since he has been in jail since surrendering to police in June.
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'