Top 10 Winners of US Box Office Competition
Estimated ticket sales for Friday through Sunday at U.S. and Canadian theaters sees the glory of new horror film "Underworld: Evolution" scoring $27.6 million, to be the winner of US box office competition. To dominate the weekend box office at 2nd place is "Hoodwinked" with $11 million in ticket sales.
Inspirational films "Glory Road" and "Last Holiday" ranked 3rd and 4th in a row, taking in $9.1 million each. "Brokeback Mountain," the gay-cowboy romance bounces four places to No. 5 with $7.8 million in its seventh weekend. Comedy flick "Fun with Dick and Jane" comes at No. 6 scoring $6.1 million in ticket sales.
The animated family friendly film "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe" secures the 7th place, one place ahead of "Hostel" at No. 8 with $4.3 million. Rounding out the Top 10 is "The New World" which scores $4.2 million to be at No. 9 and "End of the Spear," at No. 10 also with $4.2 million.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'