The Gardener Leads the 2006 BAFTA Nominations
After the Golden Globe Awards, people are now treated with The Orange British Academy Film Awards (BAFTA) which is about to come on February 19 this year. The Academy has on Thursday Jan 19 announced the nominees of this year's awards. And so drama thriller "The Constant Gardener" is the leading nominee with 10 pieces all at once.
The many nominations it grabbed are Best Film, Best British Film, Best Actor for Ralph Fiennes, Best Actress for Rachel Weisz, The David Lean Award for Achievement in Direction, Adapted Screenplay, The Anthony Asquith Award for Achievement in Film Music, Cinematography, Editing, and Sound. Drama romance "Brokeback Mountain" somewhat earns 9 nominations, including that of Best Film, Best Actor, Best Supporting Actor, and Best Supporting Actress.
The other leading nominees among others include "Capote", "Crash", "Good Night, and Good Luck", "Pride and Prejudice", "Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit", "Walk the Line", "North Country", and many more. Visit http://www.bafta.org/site/jsp/index.jsp for the complete list of the awards nominee.
- Brad Pitt Is Cocky General in Teaser for Netflix's 'War Machine'
- Oprah Winfrey Considers Running for President, Thanks to Donald Trump
- Andi Dorfman Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- Madonna Is Turning to Ex Sean Penn Amid Adoption Crisis
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Will Feature Disney's First Gay Character
- Jay-Z and Chris Martin Enjoy Night Out in WeHo
- Kris Is Convincing Caitlyn Jenner to Return to 'KUWTK' After 'I Am Cait' Cancellation
- Lady GaGa Confirms Coachella Gig With Line-Up Photo