Enjoy A 'New World' in Palm Springs Festival
January the 5th has marked the opening of the 17th annual Palm Springs International Film Festival, a special event in which Terrence Malick's epic "The New World" was shown off to filmgoers. Set in America in the 1600s, the adventure flick provoked abuzz among the attendances who soon after the screening said the film was either brilliant or awful.
Spotted attending the festival was "The New World" producer Sarah Green and co-star Q'Orianka Kilcher. To note, the fest which runs through Jan. 16, will show 232 films from more than 70 countries. The lineup includes four world premieres with 31 North American premieres and 51 U.S. premieres. In addition, the schedule includes 51 of the 56 films submitted for consideration in the foreign-language film category for the 78th Annual Academy Awards.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny