Enjoy A 'New World' in Palm Springs Festival
January the 5th has marked the opening of the 17th annual Palm Springs International Film Festival, a special event in which Terrence Malick's epic "The New World" was shown off to filmgoers. Set in America in the 1600s, the adventure flick provoked abuzz among the attendances who soon after the screening said the film was either brilliant or awful.
Spotted attending the festival was "The New World" producer Sarah Green and co-star Q'Orianka Kilcher. To note, the fest which runs through Jan. 16, will show 232 films from more than 70 countries. The lineup includes four world premieres with 31 North American premieres and 51 U.S. premieres. In addition, the schedule includes 51 of the 56 films submitted for consideration in the foreign-language film category for the 78th Annual Academy Awards.
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Reveals A.D. in Series Finale. Did You See It Coming?
- Britney Spears Slams Lip-Sync Accusations: 'Nobody Ever Really Gives Me Credit'
- 'Gotham' Star Donal Logue's Child Is Missing
- 'Star Trek' Alum to Direct an Upcoming Episode of 'Star Trek: Discovery'
- Kim Kardashian Mom-Shamed Over Saint West's Front-Facing Car Seat
- Rihanna Caught Making Out With Mystery Man in Spain
- Kendrick Lamar Gets Violent in New Brutal Video for 'Element'
- 'Girl with Dragon Tattoo' Star Michael Nyqvist Dies at 56