Enjoy A 'New World' in Palm Springs Festival
January the 5th has marked the opening of the 17th annual Palm Springs International Film Festival, a special event in which Terrence Malick's epic "The New World" was shown off to filmgoers. Set in America in the 1600s, the adventure flick provoked abuzz among the attendances who soon after the screening said the film was either brilliant or awful.
Spotted attending the festival was "The New World" producer Sarah Green and co-star Q'Orianka Kilcher. To note, the fest which runs through Jan. 16, will show 232 films from more than 70 countries. The lineup includes four world premieres with 31 North American premieres and 51 U.S. premieres. In addition, the schedule includes 51 of the 56 films submitted for consideration in the foreign-language film category for the 78th Annual Academy Awards.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!