Enjoy A 'New World' in Palm Springs Festival
January the 5th has marked the opening of the 17th annual Palm Springs International Film Festival, a special event in which Terrence Malick's epic "The New World" was shown off to filmgoers. Set in America in the 1600s, the adventure flick provoked abuzz among the attendances who soon after the screening said the film was either brilliant or awful.
Spotted attending the festival was "The New World" producer Sarah Green and co-star Q'Orianka Kilcher. To note, the fest which runs through Jan. 16, will show 232 films from more than 70 countries. The lineup includes four world premieres with 31 North American premieres and 51 U.S. premieres. In addition, the schedule includes 51 of the 56 films submitted for consideration in the foreign-language film category for the 78th Annual Academy Awards.
- Conspiracy Theorists Claim Elvis Presley Is Alive and Attended His 82nd Birthday
- Kim Kardashian 'Had a Secret Fling' With 'Celebrity Big Brother' Star Calum Best
- 'The Flash' Also Brings Back Rick Cosnett's Eddie Thawne, but How?
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'