Billboard Hot 100 Champs
The year of 2005 belongs to Mariah Carey. The pop superstar apparently is regaining her status in music scene as she gloriously scores success with her comeback album "The Emancipation of Mimi." In chain with the set's many success, Carey has on Thursday Dec 22 scored her 17th No. 1 single as "Don't Forget About Us" rose to the top of Billboard's Hot 100 chart.
This attainment obviously brings Carey to the same position with Elvis Presley as the second among artists with the most No. 1 singles in the rock era. Carey and Presley have 17 No. 1 hits, second only to The Beatles, who had 20. Back to the chart, the 2nd rank is secured by Chris Brown's "Run It!" followed then at 3rd by Nelly's "Grillz." D4L's "Laffy Taffy" securing the No. 4, and The Pussycat Dolls' "Stickwitu" jumps two places to No. 5.
No. 6 is Nickelback's "Photograph," ahead of Kanye West's "Gold Digger" at No. 7 and Beyonce Knowles' "Check on It" at No. 8. Kelly Clarkson's "Because of You" jumps one place to No. 9, Juelz Santana's "There It Go! (The Whistle Song)" ups two places only to close the Top 10 position for this weekend period.
More Mariah Carey News
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'