Billboard Hot 100 Champs
The year of 2005 belongs to Mariah Carey. The pop superstar apparently is regaining her status in music scene as she gloriously scores success with her comeback album "The Emancipation of Mimi." In chain with the set's many success, Carey has on Thursday Dec 22 scored her 17th No. 1 single as "Don't Forget About Us" rose to the top of Billboard's Hot 100 chart.
This attainment obviously brings Carey to the same position with Elvis Presley as the second among artists with the most No. 1 singles in the rock era. Carey and Presley have 17 No. 1 hits, second only to The Beatles, who had 20. Back to the chart, the 2nd rank is secured by Chris Brown's "Run It!" followed then at 3rd by Nelly's "Grillz." D4L's "Laffy Taffy" securing the No. 4, and The Pussycat Dolls' "Stickwitu" jumps two places to No. 5.
No. 6 is Nickelback's "Photograph," ahead of Kanye West's "Gold Digger" at No. 7 and Beyonce Knowles' "Check on It" at No. 8. Kelly Clarkson's "Because of You" jumps one place to No. 9, Juelz Santana's "There It Go! (The Whistle Song)" ups two places only to close the Top 10 position for this weekend period.
More Mariah Carey News
- Colin Farrell Joins Tim Burton's 'Dumbo' live-Action Movie
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction