J. Blige to Live up the 2006 Essence Music Fest
Organizers of the annual Essence Music Festival has on Monday announced the name of Mary J. Blige as one of the performers set to perform at its 2006 event. The gala, sponsored by Essence magazine, supposedly to be held in the Superdome in New Orleans just the way it used to be since the year of 1995.
Yet, it is temporarily moved to Houston as New Orleans continues to rebuild after Hurricane Katrina. The 2006 festival will be held July 1-3 at Houston's Reliant Park and will feature several concerts, a marketplace and empowerment seminars as well. Proceeds from the event will be aimed at helping victims of Katrina. Also the organizers said that other performers would be announced in coming weeks.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season