J. Blige to Live up the 2006 Essence Music Fest
Organizers of the annual Essence Music Festival has on Monday announced the name of Mary J. Blige as one of the performers set to perform at its 2006 event. The gala, sponsored by Essence magazine, supposedly to be held in the Superdome in New Orleans just the way it used to be since the year of 1995.
Yet, it is temporarily moved to Houston as New Orleans continues to rebuild after Hurricane Katrina. The 2006 festival will be held July 1-3 at Houston's Reliant Park and will feature several concerts, a marketplace and empowerment seminars as well. Proceeds from the event will be aimed at helping victims of Katrina. Also the organizers said that other performers would be announced in coming weeks.
More Mary J. Blige News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked