J. Blige to Live up the 2006 Essence Music Fest
Organizers of the annual Essence Music Festival has on Monday announced the name of Mary J. Blige as one of the performers set to perform at its 2006 event. The gala, sponsored by Essence magazine, supposedly to be held in the Superdome in New Orleans just the way it used to be since the year of 1995.
Yet, it is temporarily moved to Houston as New Orleans continues to rebuild after Hurricane Katrina. The 2006 festival will be held July 1-3 at Houston's Reliant Park and will feature several concerts, a marketplace and empowerment seminars as well. Proceeds from the event will be aimed at helping victims of Katrina. Also the organizers said that other performers would be announced in coming weeks.
- Scott Disick Can't Keep His Hands Off Bella Thorne During Intimate Vacation in Cannes
- Bella Hadid Turns Heads in Daring Dress as She Debuts Short Bangs at Perfume Launch in Italy
- 'Top Gun 2' May Be Directed by Joseph Kosinski, Val Kilmer May Return
- Ariana Grande Postpones European Tour Through June 5 After Manchester Bombing
- A Hero Returns in Darkness in Netflix's 'Castlevania' First Teaser
- Bikini-Clad Ariel Winter Flashes Her Butt as She Kisses Beau Levi Meaden in PDA-Filled Pic
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'