J. Blige to Live up the 2006 Essence Music Fest
Organizers of the annual Essence Music Festival has on Monday announced the name of Mary J. Blige as one of the performers set to perform at its 2006 event. The gala, sponsored by Essence magazine, supposedly to be held in the Superdome in New Orleans just the way it used to be since the year of 1995.
Yet, it is temporarily moved to Houston as New Orleans continues to rebuild after Hurricane Katrina. The 2006 festival will be held July 1-3 at Houston's Reliant Park and will feature several concerts, a marketplace and empowerment seminars as well. Proceeds from the event will be aimed at helping victims of Katrina. Also the organizers said that other performers would be announced in coming weeks.
- 'The Walking Dead' Will Reveal Who Helped Daryl Escape the Sanctuary
- Beyonce Is Suffering From Bad Morning Sickness
- You're Not the Victim! Brad Pitt Blasts Angelina Jolie's Cambodian Interview
- Watch Migos' Energetic Performance of 'Bad and Boujee' on 'Ellen'
- Ryan Seacrest Assures Fans Everything Is OK After Fire Breaks Out at His $50M Mansion
- Pregnant Again? Blac Chyna Sports Suspicious Bump While Stepping Out With Another Man
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad