J. Blige to Live up the 2006 Essence Music Fest
Organizers of the annual Essence Music Festival has on Monday announced the name of Mary J. Blige as one of the performers set to perform at its 2006 event. The gala, sponsored by Essence magazine, supposedly to be held in the Superdome in New Orleans just the way it used to be since the year of 1995.
Yet, it is temporarily moved to Houston as New Orleans continues to rebuild after Hurricane Katrina. The 2006 festival will be held July 1-3 at Houston's Reliant Park and will feature several concerts, a marketplace and empowerment seminars as well. Proceeds from the event will be aimed at helping victims of Katrina. Also the organizers said that other performers would be announced in coming weeks.
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'