Robert Plant Secured $60,000 for Charity
Robert Plant, widely known as former Led Zeppelin frontman, has collected a $60,000 donation for a Carefree, Ariz.-based charitable organization that aids nomadic people in drought-stricken West Africa. Plant reportedly got that amount from a four-song CD released by his band, Robert Plant and the Strange Sensation.
Sadly, the CD's sales failed to generate the royalties Plant had expected, forced the man to make an appeal to PAR Charitable Trust, a small grant-making organization that agreed to cover up the rest amount needed to build and operate school dormitories for 200 children for three years. And so, Trust will supplement proceeds from the CD sales to build eight dorms and provide meals, blankets, school uniforms and medicine for students in four locales in Mali.
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch