Robert Plant Secured $60,000 for Charity
Robert Plant, widely known as former Led Zeppelin frontman, has collected a $60,000 donation for a Carefree, Ariz.-based charitable organization that aids nomadic people in drought-stricken West Africa. Plant reportedly got that amount from a four-song CD released by his band, Robert Plant and the Strange Sensation.
Sadly, the CD's sales failed to generate the royalties Plant had expected, forced the man to make an appeal to PAR Charitable Trust, a small grant-making organization that agreed to cover up the rest amount needed to build and operate school dormitories for 200 children for three years. And so, Trust will supplement proceeds from the CD sales to build eight dorms and provide meals, blankets, school uniforms and medicine for students in four locales in Mali.
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Will Return, Ryan Lochte Is in Talks for Season 23
- Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie for Her Birthday After Partying With Bronte Blampied
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj to Perform 'Side to Side' at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Inside Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom's Proposal Plans
- Christoph Waltz in Talks to Join James Cameron's 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- Kim Kardashian Flaunts Entire Breasts in Racy See-Through Top for a Photoshoot in Mexico
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star