Robert Plant Secured $60,000 for Charity
Robert Plant, widely known as former Led Zeppelin frontman, has collected a $60,000 donation for a Carefree, Ariz.-based charitable organization that aids nomadic people in drought-stricken West Africa. Plant reportedly got that amount from a four-song CD released by his band, Robert Plant and the Strange Sensation.
Sadly, the CD's sales failed to generate the royalties Plant had expected, forced the man to make an appeal to PAR Charitable Trust, a small grant-making organization that agreed to cover up the rest amount needed to build and operate school dormitories for 200 children for three years. And so, Trust will supplement proceeds from the CD sales to build eight dorms and provide meals, blankets, school uniforms and medicine for students in four locales in Mali.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media