Robert Plant Secured $60,000 for Charity
Robert Plant, widely known as former Led Zeppelin frontman, has collected a $60,000 donation for a Carefree, Ariz.-based charitable organization that aids nomadic people in drought-stricken West Africa. Plant reportedly got that amount from a four-song CD released by his band, Robert Plant and the Strange Sensation.
Sadly, the CD's sales failed to generate the royalties Plant had expected, forced the man to make an appeal to PAR Charitable Trust, a small grant-making organization that agreed to cover up the rest amount needed to build and operate school dormitories for 200 children for three years. And so, Trust will supplement proceeds from the CD sales to build eight dorms and provide meals, blankets, school uniforms and medicine for students in four locales in Mali.
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose
- Ryan Murphy Admits to 'Infighting' on 'Glee' Set and Cast Member Hookups
- Mariah Carey Wears No Underwear in Sheer White Dress During Romantic Getaway With Fiance
- Exes Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Trapped in Elevator for Four Hours. Was It Awkward?
- Mom Material? Katy Perry Bonds With Orlando Bloom's Son Flynn at Shanghai Disneyland
- Listen to 'Trolls' Soundtrack Featuring Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani and Ariana Grande