Robert Plant Secured $60,000 for Charity
Robert Plant, widely known as former Led Zeppelin frontman, has collected a $60,000 donation for a Carefree, Ariz.-based charitable organization that aids nomadic people in drought-stricken West Africa. Plant reportedly got that amount from a four-song CD released by his band, Robert Plant and the Strange Sensation.
Sadly, the CD's sales failed to generate the royalties Plant had expected, forced the man to make an appeal to PAR Charitable Trust, a small grant-making organization that agreed to cover up the rest amount needed to build and operate school dormitories for 200 children for three years. And so, Trust will supplement proceeds from the CD sales to build eight dorms and provide meals, blankets, school uniforms and medicine for students in four locales in Mali.
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch
- Justin Bieber Previews New Song 'Close to You'
- Watch Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon Return to Camp Winnipesaukee in the Fall
- They Don't Belong Together. James Packer Dumps Mariah Carey Over Her 'Excessive Spending'
- James McAvoy Lets Loose 'The Beast' in New 'Split' Trailer
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump
- See Photos of 'Pretty Little Liars' Stars on Last Day of Filming Series Finale