Desperate Hatcher Won Libel Case
"Desperate Housewives" star Teri Hatcher won libel case Friday Dec 16 from the Daily Sport in a London courtroom. Moreover, the tabloid also agreed to print a front-apology for the 'entirely false' articles it ran about the actress, alleging that she had sex with a series of men in a VW van parked outside of her Los Angeles home.
"Anyone who has ever entered a legal proceeding knows that when you are totally in the right, it still takes a lot of energy to move forward this kind of proceeding," Hatcher said in a statement after the case was settled. The amount of the damages remains undisclosed, with Hatcher's lawyer adding that the newspaper agreed to pay all her legal costs as well as "very substantial damages."
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory