Desperate Hatcher Won Libel Case
"Desperate Housewives" star Teri Hatcher won libel case Friday Dec 16 from the Daily Sport in a London courtroom. Moreover, the tabloid also agreed to print a front-apology for the 'entirely false' articles it ran about the actress, alleging that she had sex with a series of men in a VW van parked outside of her Los Angeles home.
"Anyone who has ever entered a legal proceeding knows that when you are totally in the right, it still takes a lot of energy to move forward this kind of proceeding," Hatcher said in a statement after the case was settled. The amount of the damages remains undisclosed, with Hatcher's lawyer adding that the newspaper agreed to pay all her legal costs as well as "very substantial damages."
- Gigi Hadid Sparks Zayn Malik Engagement Rumors With New Ring on That Finger
- Jerry Seinfeld's 'Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee' Moves to Netflix
- Liam Payne Offers Fan a Date With Him in Malibu. Find Out How to Win the Special Prize
- Angelina Jolie Receives Heartfelt Plea From Zahara's Biological Mom to Reconnect With Daughter
- Fiona Apple Releases New Anti-Trump Track 'Tiny Hands'
- Donald Trump Tweets Wrong Ivanka. Find Out How She Reacts
- Here's Ben Affleck's Reaction to Viral #SadAffleck Meme
- Ali Fedotowsky on Corinne's Raunchy Acts on 'Bachelor': 'I Find That Truly Sad'