The 2006 Top Tours
Irish rock band U2 known either for its music or social and political deeds has scored another record. The music group's "Vertigo" tour has been chosen as the Top-Grossing Trek of 2005, according to year-end figures set to be published Friday in Billboard magazine. Sold $260 million worth of tickets and drew more than 3 million people to 90 concerts, U2 really deserves to be on the top.
Comes at 2nd is Eagles, whose 77 shows earned them $117 million. Neil Diamond is at 3rd with more than $71 million, followed by Kenny Chesney at No. 4 with $63 million. Others rounding out the Top 10 in succession are Paul McCartney, Rod Stewart, Elton John, Dave Matthews Band, Jimmy Buffett and Green Day.
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Kelly for Trashing Ozzy's Alleged Mistress, Can't Help Laughing at It
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Returning to Host 2016 CMA Awards
- Simon Pegg and Mike Myers Join Margot Robbie in Thriller 'Terminal'
- 'The Flash' Season 2 Finale: The Man in the Iron Mask Reveal Brings in Another Speedster
- Kendall Jenner Says She's Psychic. Get Details of Her Sixth Sense
- Lil Wayne and Birdman Are Still Feuding After Settlement Talks 'Broke Off'
- Khloe Kardashian Fears Blac Chyna Will Use Her Baby With Rob for Fame and Fortune
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance