Hollywood Stars to Honor Nobel Peace Laureate
Oscar-nominated actress Salma Hayek and her celebrity pals, including Julianne Moore, Gladys Knight, Duran Duran, Westlife and Sugababes, have all become masters of ceremony for this year's Nobel Peace Prize Concert in honor of International Atomic Energy Agency and it's chief Mohamed ElBaradei. Held Sunday Dec 11, the celebration is broadcast to about 100 countries and has become the cornerstone of three days of Nobel peace celebrations in Norway.
Praised Nobel peace laureate ElBaradei for his efforts to save humanity from nuclear weapons, Hayek commented "ElBaradei said the largest threat to world security and all of our futures is (nuclear) terrorism. There is nothing more pressing right now than a global effort for peace and control of these materials. I don't think there is anything more pressing ... than the future of mankind."
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7