Hollywood Stars to Honor Nobel Peace Laureate
Oscar-nominated actress Salma Hayek and her celebrity pals, including Julianne Moore, Gladys Knight, Duran Duran, Westlife and Sugababes, have all become masters of ceremony for this year's Nobel Peace Prize Concert in honor of International Atomic Energy Agency and it's chief Mohamed ElBaradei. Held Sunday Dec 11, the celebration is broadcast to about 100 countries and has become the cornerstone of three days of Nobel peace celebrations in Norway.
Praised Nobel peace laureate ElBaradei for his efforts to save humanity from nuclear weapons, Hayek commented "ElBaradei said the largest threat to world security and all of our futures is (nuclear) terrorism. There is nothing more pressing right now than a global effort for peace and control of these materials. I don't think there is anything more pressing ... than the future of mankind."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal