Hollywood Stars to Honor Nobel Peace Laureate
Oscar-nominated actress Salma Hayek and her celebrity pals, including Julianne Moore, Gladys Knight, Duran Duran, Westlife and Sugababes, have all become masters of ceremony for this year's Nobel Peace Prize Concert in honor of International Atomic Energy Agency and it's chief Mohamed ElBaradei. Held Sunday Dec 11, the celebration is broadcast to about 100 countries and has become the cornerstone of three days of Nobel peace celebrations in Norway.
Praised Nobel peace laureate ElBaradei for his efforts to save humanity from nuclear weapons, Hayek commented "ElBaradei said the largest threat to world security and all of our futures is (nuclear) terrorism. There is nothing more pressing right now than a global effort for peace and control of these materials. I don't think there is anything more pressing ... than the future of mankind."
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'