Chris Won't Rock the 2006 Oscars
Comedian Chris Rock won't be back as the host of next year's Oscars. Publicist Matt Labov, Friday in a brief statement e-mailed to The Associated Press has confirmed the star absence at the prestigious event.
It is written there "He is not hosting the Academy Awards "in perpetuity" but would "like to do it again down the road." Though Labov didn't elaborate, many have obviously linked Rock's absence with his criticized manner at last year's Oscars.
At that time, he angered Sean Penn during his performance when he skewered actor Jude Law, Tobey Maguire and others. In fact, it also alienated some members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. This maybe what makes Rock absent from the 78th annual Academy Awards which will air March 5 on ABC from Hollywood.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie