Chris Won't Rock the 2006 Oscars
Comedian Chris Rock won't be back as the host of next year's Oscars. Publicist Matt Labov, Friday in a brief statement e-mailed to The Associated Press has confirmed the star absence at the prestigious event.
It is written there "He is not hosting the Academy Awards "in perpetuity" but would "like to do it again down the road." Though Labov didn't elaborate, many have obviously linked Rock's absence with his criticized manner at last year's Oscars.
At that time, he angered Sean Penn during his performance when he skewered actor Jude Law, Tobey Maguire and others. In fact, it also alienated some members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. This maybe what makes Rock absent from the 78th annual Academy Awards which will air March 5 on ABC from Hollywood.
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group
- Artist of the Week: DJ Snake
- Idris Elba Confirms He Is Done Filming His Part in 'The Dark Tower'
- Kylie Jenner Gets Banned From Entering Club Where Tyga Performs. Here's Why