Chris Won't Rock the 2006 Oscars
Comedian Chris Rock won't be back as the host of next year's Oscars. Publicist Matt Labov, Friday in a brief statement e-mailed to The Associated Press has confirmed the star absence at the prestigious event.
It is written there "He is not hosting the Academy Awards "in perpetuity" but would "like to do it again down the road." Though Labov didn't elaborate, many have obviously linked Rock's absence with his criticized manner at last year's Oscars.
At that time, he angered Sean Penn during his performance when he skewered actor Jude Law, Tobey Maguire and others. In fact, it also alienated some members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. This maybe what makes Rock absent from the 78th annual Academy Awards which will air March 5 on ABC from Hollywood.
- Jennifer Aniston Bares Her Boobs While Sunbathing in Italy
- A Version of Britney Spears' 'Make Me' Without G-Eazy Surfaces Online
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6