Chris Won't Rock the 2006 Oscars
Comedian Chris Rock won't be back as the host of next year's Oscars. Publicist Matt Labov, Friday in a brief statement e-mailed to The Associated Press has confirmed the star absence at the prestigious event.
It is written there "He is not hosting the Academy Awards "in perpetuity" but would "like to do it again down the road." Though Labov didn't elaborate, many have obviously linked Rock's absence with his criticized manner at last year's Oscars.
At that time, he angered Sean Penn during his performance when he skewered actor Jude Law, Tobey Maguire and others. In fact, it also alienated some members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. This maybe what makes Rock absent from the 78th annual Academy Awards which will air March 5 on ABC from Hollywood.
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos