Chris Won't Rock the 2006 Oscars
Comedian Chris Rock won't be back as the host of next year's Oscars. Publicist Matt Labov, Friday in a brief statement e-mailed to The Associated Press has confirmed the star absence at the prestigious event.
It is written there "He is not hosting the Academy Awards "in perpetuity" but would "like to do it again down the road." Though Labov didn't elaborate, many have obviously linked Rock's absence with his criticized manner at last year's Oscars.
At that time, he angered Sean Penn during his performance when he skewered actor Jude Law, Tobey Maguire and others. In fact, it also alienated some members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. This maybe what makes Rock absent from the 78th annual Academy Awards which will air March 5 on ABC from Hollywood.
More Chris Rock News
- Taylor Swift Who? Calvin Harris Gets Flirty With Mystery Brunette While Partying in Cabo
- Apple in Talks to Buy Jay-Z's Tidal
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash