The 28th Kennedy Center Honorees
Celebrities from the world of performing arts gathered in Washington this weekend to pay tribute to five entertainment icons at the 28th annual Kennedy Center honors. The five major honorees were singers Tina Turner and Tony Bennett, actors Robert Redford and Julie Harris and ballet instructor Suzanne Farrell.
All of them received praise from friends, former colleagues and celebrity admirers at the event held Sunday night Dec 4th at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts. "I'm very excited," Turner told reporters. Meanwhile, President Bush said "Each of these honorees, in a lifetime of achievement, has set a standard of excellence that is admired throughout the world."
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle