Peter Segal & Pals 'Get Smart'
Peter Segal has been tapped to direct "Get Smart," an upcoming action comedy which is the big-screen adaptation of the classic TV series for Warner Bros. Pictures. Created by Mel Brooks and Buck Henry, the series saw the late Don Adams act as Agent 86, a spy for CONTROL, fighting the evil forces of KAOS.
Whereas for the big screen version, which has just undergone a rewrite by Tom Astle and Matt Ember, moviegoers will see Steve Carell playing Adams' role as hapless secret agent Maxwell Smart. As of the story, it will contemporize the setting, with CONTROL falling on hard times and not getting the big government funding other spy agencies, like the CIA, do.
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch