Peter Segal & Pals 'Get Smart'
Peter Segal has been tapped to direct "Get Smart," an upcoming action comedy which is the big-screen adaptation of the classic TV series for Warner Bros. Pictures. Created by Mel Brooks and Buck Henry, the series saw the late Don Adams act as Agent 86, a spy for CONTROL, fighting the evil forces of KAOS.
Whereas for the big screen version, which has just undergone a rewrite by Tom Astle and Matt Ember, moviegoers will see Steve Carell playing Adams' role as hapless secret agent Maxwell Smart. As of the story, it will contemporize the setting, with CONTROL falling on hard times and not getting the big government funding other spy agencies, like the CIA, do.
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her