Weinstein Acquires the Equalizer Rights
The Weinstein Company is reported to have acquired the rights to develop and produce "The Equalizer," a feature film based on the original hit television series of the same name, from its original creators Michael Sloan and Richard Lindheim. And the producers up for the flick among others are Mace Neufeld, Tony Eldridge and Sloan himself.
"The Equalizer" is a drama genre follows the story of Robert McCall, a veteran covert operative who, seeking redemption for his dark deeds, quits a CIA-like agency and puts an advertisement in the paper that reads simply: "Got a problem? Odds against you? Call the Equalizer." Meanwhile, Eric Robinson and Brenden Deneen will oversee production on behalf of The Weinstein Company.
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?