Weinstein Acquires the Equalizer Rights
The Weinstein Company is reported to have acquired the rights to develop and produce "The Equalizer," a feature film based on the original hit television series of the same name, from its original creators Michael Sloan and Richard Lindheim. And the producers up for the flick among others are Mace Neufeld, Tony Eldridge and Sloan himself.
"The Equalizer" is a drama genre follows the story of Robert McCall, a veteran covert operative who, seeking redemption for his dark deeds, quits a CIA-like agency and puts an advertisement in the paper that reads simply: "Got a problem? Odds against you? Call the Equalizer." Meanwhile, Eric Robinson and Brenden Deneen will oversee production on behalf of The Weinstein Company.
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'