Weinstein Acquires the Equalizer Rights
The Weinstein Company is reported to have acquired the rights to develop and produce "The Equalizer," a feature film based on the original hit television series of the same name, from its original creators Michael Sloan and Richard Lindheim. And the producers up for the flick among others are Mace Neufeld, Tony Eldridge and Sloan himself.
"The Equalizer" is a drama genre follows the story of Robert McCall, a veteran covert operative who, seeking redemption for his dark deeds, quits a CIA-like agency and puts an advertisement in the paper that reads simply: "Got a problem? Odds against you? Call the Equalizer." Meanwhile, Eric Robinson and Brenden Deneen will oversee production on behalf of The Weinstein Company.
- Girls' Generation Graces the Cover of W Korea for Their 10th Anniversary
- Kanye West Gives Paralyzed Fan Custom Yeezy Boots
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Hire 18 New Staff for Twin Kids
- Blac Chyna Is Starring in Nicki Minaj's New Music Video
- Ryan Seacrest Is Officially Returning to 'American Idol'
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell