The Strokes' First Impressions on 'Earth'
First impression determines what comes next. So said many people. The same holds true for band The Strokes, who feels that first impression is important indeed, holds a crucial role to be more specific, especially for their music career. Feeling so, they are trying to perform the best for fans during the promo tour for their third album, "First Impressions of Earth."
This isn't their first performance in front of public worldwide, but still they promising to create a buzz, during which the band, according to guitarist Albert Hammond Jr., will perform a series of secret club shows around the world in the coming weeks, beginning November 14 in Tokyo and proceeding to London, Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Milan, Stockholm, Amsterdam, Sydney and Melbourne, Australia.
"We'll do eight new songs and leave, just like how it was with the first record, with no one knowing any of our music," Hammond says. "We thought it would build some excitement." They will then continue the club blitz in North America the week of the RCA album's January 3 release, with some additional shows in New York, Chicago, Seattle and Los Angeles. The Strokes' "proper" North American tour will after that launch in February and run until the end of April.
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert