The Strokes' First Impressions on 'Earth'
First impression determines what comes next. So said many people. The same holds true for band The Strokes, who feels that first impression is important indeed, holds a crucial role to be more specific, especially for their music career. Feeling so, they are trying to perform the best for fans during the promo tour for their third album, "First Impressions of Earth."
This isn't their first performance in front of public worldwide, but still they promising to create a buzz, during which the band, according to guitarist Albert Hammond Jr., will perform a series of secret club shows around the world in the coming weeks, beginning November 14 in Tokyo and proceeding to London, Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Milan, Stockholm, Amsterdam, Sydney and Melbourne, Australia.
"We'll do eight new songs and leave, just like how it was with the first record, with no one knowing any of our music," Hammond says. "We thought it would build some excitement." They will then continue the club blitz in North America the week of the RCA album's January 3 release, with some additional shows in New York, Chicago, Seattle and Los Angeles. The Strokes' "proper" North American tour will after that launch in February and run until the end of April.
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer
- Report: Lee Jong Suk to Enlist to Military Soon
- Birthday Girl Julianne Hough Ditches Bikini Top During Romantic Honeymoon
- Comic-Con: Pennywise the Clown Mutilates His Victims in 'It' New Trailer and Clips