The Strokes' First Impressions on 'Earth'
First impression determines what comes next. So said many people. The same holds true for band The Strokes, who feels that first impression is important indeed, holds a crucial role to be more specific, especially for their music career. Feeling so, they are trying to perform the best for fans during the promo tour for their third album, "First Impressions of Earth."
This isn't their first performance in front of public worldwide, but still they promising to create a buzz, during which the band, according to guitarist Albert Hammond Jr., will perform a series of secret club shows around the world in the coming weeks, beginning November 14 in Tokyo and proceeding to London, Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Milan, Stockholm, Amsterdam, Sydney and Melbourne, Australia.
"We'll do eight new songs and leave, just like how it was with the first record, with no one knowing any of our music," Hammond says. "We thought it would build some excitement." They will then continue the club blitz in North America the week of the RCA album's January 3 release, with some additional shows in New York, Chicago, Seattle and Los Angeles. The Strokes' "proper" North American tour will after that launch in February and run until the end of April.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media