The Strokes' First Impressions on 'Earth'
First impression determines what comes next. So said many people. The same holds true for band The Strokes, who feels that first impression is important indeed, holds a crucial role to be more specific, especially for their music career. Feeling so, they are trying to perform the best for fans during the promo tour for their third album, "First Impressions of Earth."
This isn't their first performance in front of public worldwide, but still they promising to create a buzz, during which the band, according to guitarist Albert Hammond Jr., will perform a series of secret club shows around the world in the coming weeks, beginning November 14 in Tokyo and proceeding to London, Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Milan, Stockholm, Amsterdam, Sydney and Melbourne, Australia.
"We'll do eight new songs and leave, just like how it was with the first record, with no one knowing any of our music," Hammond says. "We thought it would build some excitement." They will then continue the club blitz in North America the week of the RCA album's January 3 release, with some additional shows in New York, Chicago, Seattle and Los Angeles. The Strokes' "proper" North American tour will after that launch in February and run until the end of April.
- Is Katy Perry Romancing Calvin Harris to Get Back at Taylor Swift?
- Miley Cyrus Makes Liam Hemsworth Jealous Over Her Pampering Sessions With Pet Pig
- 'Bachelorette' Recap: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Help Test the Guys' Husband Skills
- John Boyega Shows Finn's New Weapon in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Bella Thorne Gets Cuddly With Ex Gregg Sulkin After Super Quick Fling With Scott Disick
- Kourtney Kardashian Ready to Introduce Younes Bendjima to Her Family
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' Is Not Hacked, Claims Disney CEO
- Niall Horan Pays Tribute to Manchester Bombing Victims, Makes 'On the Loose' TV Debut on 'Today'