Bob Geldof to Receive Nobel Honor
It is yet sure, but many believe so. The winner of the 2005 Nobel Man Of Peace award won't be announced until November 24 in Rome, but it is widely believed that Bob Geldof is the one. He's said to be named the 2005 Man of Peace.
Geldof was voted by a committee of all the living Nobel Peace Prize winners, in honor of "his unflagging work and powerful voice on behalf of the poor of Africa over the last 20 years and in particular the last 12 months." He is set to receive the honor from former Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev at the World Summit Of Nobel Laureates in Italy, on November 24.
As of Geldof, he simply says "I am overwhelmed and deeply proud to receive this award from such an esteemed and exceptional collection of individuals. It's more than an honor, it's almost ridiculous. It's almost too big. That's fucking big. I feel weird." The award was announced at the premier launch of the Live 8 DVD, which is to be released on November 7.
- Chrissy Teigen Blasts Paparazzi on Twitter After She and John Legend Were Called 'Monkeys'
- Arcade Fire Responds to Trump's Inauguration in 'I Give You Power' Ft. Mavis Staples
- Louis Tomlinson and Danielle Campbell Break Up Weeks After His Mom's Death
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Files for Divorce From Wife of 22 Years, Sara Kapfer
- First Look at Susan Sarandon and Jessica Lange on Ryan Murphy's 'Feud'
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Having a Blast Coming Up With Baby Names'
- Topless Ariel Winter Shows Off Breast Reduction Scars in New Unretouched Pics
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies