Bob Geldof to Receive Nobel Honor
It is yet sure, but many believe so. The winner of the 2005 Nobel Man Of Peace award won't be announced until November 24 in Rome, but it is widely believed that Bob Geldof is the one. He's said to be named the 2005 Man of Peace.
Geldof was voted by a committee of all the living Nobel Peace Prize winners, in honor of "his unflagging work and powerful voice on behalf of the poor of Africa over the last 20 years and in particular the last 12 months." He is set to receive the honor from former Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev at the World Summit Of Nobel Laureates in Italy, on November 24.
As of Geldof, he simply says "I am overwhelmed and deeply proud to receive this award from such an esteemed and exceptional collection of individuals. It's more than an honor, it's almost ridiculous. It's almost too big. That's fucking big. I feel weird." The award was announced at the premier launch of the Live 8 DVD, which is to be released on November 7.
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber