Bob Geldof to Receive Nobel Honor
It is yet sure, but many believe so. The winner of the 2005 Nobel Man Of Peace award won't be announced until November 24 in Rome, but it is widely believed that Bob Geldof is the one. He's said to be named the 2005 Man of Peace.
Geldof was voted by a committee of all the living Nobel Peace Prize winners, in honor of "his unflagging work and powerful voice on behalf of the poor of Africa over the last 20 years and in particular the last 12 months." He is set to receive the honor from former Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev at the World Summit Of Nobel Laureates in Italy, on November 24.
As of Geldof, he simply says "I am overwhelmed and deeply proud to receive this award from such an esteemed and exceptional collection of individuals. It's more than an honor, it's almost ridiculous. It's almost too big. That's fucking big. I feel weird." The award was announced at the premier launch of the Live 8 DVD, which is to be released on November 7.
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'