Icon of the Century: The Beatles
They really are world's music legend. Though nowadays there are many new music groups come to the surface, still The Beatles rules the game. The rock band has becoming hot issue from the first time they reached their music breakthrough 'till today.
Their amazing attainment in music industry has created such distinct story in this world. Their existence means a lot to media, which because of them have been able to create stories to be sold. Thus, as an appreciation The Beatles is chosen The Icon of the Century in a poll made by Variety to mark its 100th anniversary.
"To celebrate 100 years of Variety, it seemed only natural to celebrate 100 of the people who gave us something to talk about. We're excited to honor The Beatles in our special edition centenary issue, giving special recognition to the sole group who has most shaped the face of modern-day show business." So Steven Gaydos, executive editor for Variety, said.
Chosen along The Beatles as Icons of the Century in succession are Louis Armstrong, Lucille Ball, Humphrey Bogart, Marlon Brando, Charlie Chaplin, James Dean, Marilyn Monroe, Mickey Mouse, and Elvis Presley.
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'