Icon of the Century: The Beatles
They really are world's music legend. Though nowadays there are many new music groups come to the surface, still The Beatles rules the game. The rock band has becoming hot issue from the first time they reached their music breakthrough 'till today.
Their amazing attainment in music industry has created such distinct story in this world. Their existence means a lot to media, which because of them have been able to create stories to be sold. Thus, as an appreciation The Beatles is chosen The Icon of the Century in a poll made by Variety to mark its 100th anniversary.
"To celebrate 100 years of Variety, it seemed only natural to celebrate 100 of the people who gave us something to talk about. We're excited to honor The Beatles in our special edition centenary issue, giving special recognition to the sole group who has most shaped the face of modern-day show business." So Steven Gaydos, executive editor for Variety, said.
Chosen along The Beatles as Icons of the Century in succession are Louis Armstrong, Lucille Ball, Humphrey Bogart, Marlon Brando, Charlie Chaplin, James Dean, Marilyn Monroe, Mickey Mouse, and Elvis Presley.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers