Flight attendants Boycott 'Flightplan'
Flight attendants: "Boycott 'Flightplan'." But Why? Take a look at the story. It displays a mother looking for her missing daughter aboard a plane. It then turns out that one of the flight attendants aboard is involved in a terrorist plot hatched by the plane's air marshal.
So? Labor unions, the Association of Professional Flight Attendants, the Association of Flight Attendants and Transport Workers Union, representing most of the nation's 90,000 flight attendants at 23 airlines have urged their members to boycott the new Jodie Foster film, which they think can cause distrust of their members among real airline passengers. Moreover, they also complained that other flight attendants in the film are shown as being "rude, unhelpful and uncaring."
Commenting the boycott, Disney regrets the groups' reaction to the film, saying "There was absolutely no intention by the studio or filmmakers to create anything other than a great action thriller. We are confident that the public will be able to discern the difference between fiction and the incredible job that real-life flight attendants perform on a daily basis."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival