Flight attendants Boycott 'Flightplan'
Flight attendants: "Boycott 'Flightplan'." But Why? Take a look at the story. It displays a mother looking for her missing daughter aboard a plane. It then turns out that one of the flight attendants aboard is involved in a terrorist plot hatched by the plane's air marshal.
So? Labor unions, the Association of Professional Flight Attendants, the Association of Flight Attendants and Transport Workers Union, representing most of the nation's 90,000 flight attendants at 23 airlines have urged their members to boycott the new Jodie Foster film, which they think can cause distrust of their members among real airline passengers. Moreover, they also complained that other flight attendants in the film are shown as being "rude, unhelpful and uncaring."
Commenting the boycott, Disney regrets the groups' reaction to the film, saying "There was absolutely no intention by the studio or filmmakers to create anything other than a great action thriller. We are confident that the public will be able to discern the difference between fiction and the incredible job that real-life flight attendants perform on a daily basis."
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked