Flight attendants Boycott 'Flightplan'
Flight attendants: "Boycott 'Flightplan'." But Why? Take a look at the story. It displays a mother looking for her missing daughter aboard a plane. It then turns out that one of the flight attendants aboard is involved in a terrorist plot hatched by the plane's air marshal.
So? Labor unions, the Association of Professional Flight Attendants, the Association of Flight Attendants and Transport Workers Union, representing most of the nation's 90,000 flight attendants at 23 airlines have urged their members to boycott the new Jodie Foster film, which they think can cause distrust of their members among real airline passengers. Moreover, they also complained that other flight attendants in the film are shown as being "rude, unhelpful and uncaring."
Commenting the boycott, Disney regrets the groups' reaction to the film, saying "There was absolutely no intention by the studio or filmmakers to create anything other than a great action thriller. We are confident that the public will be able to discern the difference between fiction and the incredible job that real-life flight attendants perform on a daily basis."
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!