Flight attendants Boycott 'Flightplan'
Flight attendants: "Boycott 'Flightplan'." But Why? Take a look at the story. It displays a mother looking for her missing daughter aboard a plane. It then turns out that one of the flight attendants aboard is involved in a terrorist plot hatched by the plane's air marshal.
So? Labor unions, the Association of Professional Flight Attendants, the Association of Flight Attendants and Transport Workers Union, representing most of the nation's 90,000 flight attendants at 23 airlines have urged their members to boycott the new Jodie Foster film, which they think can cause distrust of their members among real airline passengers. Moreover, they also complained that other flight attendants in the film are shown as being "rude, unhelpful and uncaring."
Commenting the boycott, Disney regrets the groups' reaction to the film, saying "There was absolutely no intention by the studio or filmmakers to create anything other than a great action thriller. We are confident that the public will be able to discern the difference between fiction and the incredible job that real-life flight attendants perform on a daily basis."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie