The "Flight" Flies So High
Jodie Foster flies the airplane high, so high that it could successfully land to the 1st position at the North American box office on Sunday. "Flightplan," earning an estimated $24.4 million in its opening weekend in over 3,400 theatres, is overshadowed by the animated tale "Tim Burton's Corpse Bride," which takes the No.2 slot in its first wide weekend release with $20.1 million.
Last weekend's champion, "Just Like Heaven," slips two to No. 3 with $9.8 million, ahead of "Roll Bounce," which taking in $8 million. Else where, "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" clings at No. 5 with $7.5 million, and followed behind by "Lord of War" with $4.9 million. At No. 7 is Universal Pictures comedy "The 40-Year-Old Virgin," comes after which at No. 8 is "The Constant Gardener" with $2.2 million.
This weekend's Top 10 is rounded out by Fox's action sequel "Transporter 2" and Rogue Pictures' "Cry Wolf," both earning just over $2 million.
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Expecting 3rd Child
- Watch Charli XCX's Adorable 'Boys' Video Starring Joe Jonas, Charlie Puth, Jay Park and More Hotties
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Firefighter Spin-Off Casts Jaina Lee Ortiz
- Ike Barinholtz Broke His Neck While Filming Movie Stunt
- Bella Hadid Flashes Nipples and Tummy in Skintight Crop Top
- Henry Cavill Addresses 'Justice League' 'Mustache Fiasco' With Hilarious Instagram Post
- Was '4:44' Album Title Inspired by Jay-Z and Solange's Elevator Fight?
- HBO's Porn Drama 'The Deuce' Gets a September Premiere Date