The "Flight" Flies So High
Jodie Foster flies the airplane high, so high that it could successfully land to the 1st position at the North American box office on Sunday. "Flightplan," earning an estimated $24.4 million in its opening weekend in over 3,400 theatres, is overshadowed by the animated tale "Tim Burton's Corpse Bride," which takes the No.2 slot in its first wide weekend release with $20.1 million.
Last weekend's champion, "Just Like Heaven," slips two to No. 3 with $9.8 million, ahead of "Roll Bounce," which taking in $8 million. Else where, "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" clings at No. 5 with $7.5 million, and followed behind by "Lord of War" with $4.9 million. At No. 7 is Universal Pictures comedy "The 40-Year-Old Virgin," comes after which at No. 8 is "The Constant Gardener" with $2.2 million.
This weekend's Top 10 is rounded out by Fox's action sequel "Transporter 2" and Rogue Pictures' "Cry Wolf," both earning just over $2 million.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'