The "Flight" Flies So High
Jodie Foster flies the airplane high, so high that it could successfully land to the 1st position at the North American box office on Sunday. "Flightplan," earning an estimated $24.4 million in its opening weekend in over 3,400 theatres, is overshadowed by the animated tale "Tim Burton's Corpse Bride," which takes the No.2 slot in its first wide weekend release with $20.1 million.
Last weekend's champion, "Just Like Heaven," slips two to No. 3 with $9.8 million, ahead of "Roll Bounce," which taking in $8 million. Else where, "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" clings at No. 5 with $7.5 million, and followed behind by "Lord of War" with $4.9 million. At No. 7 is Universal Pictures comedy "The 40-Year-Old Virgin," comes after which at No. 8 is "The Constant Gardener" with $2.2 million.
This weekend's Top 10 is rounded out by Fox's action sequel "Transporter 2" and Rogue Pictures' "Cry Wolf," both earning just over $2 million.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby