The "Flight" Flies So High
Jodie Foster flies the airplane high, so high that it could successfully land to the 1st position at the North American box office on Sunday. "Flightplan," earning an estimated $24.4 million in its opening weekend in over 3,400 theatres, is overshadowed by the animated tale "Tim Burton's Corpse Bride," which takes the No.2 slot in its first wide weekend release with $20.1 million.
Last weekend's champion, "Just Like Heaven," slips two to No. 3 with $9.8 million, ahead of "Roll Bounce," which taking in $8 million. Else where, "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" clings at No. 5 with $7.5 million, and followed behind by "Lord of War" with $4.9 million. At No. 7 is Universal Pictures comedy "The 40-Year-Old Virgin," comes after which at No. 8 is "The Constant Gardener" with $2.2 million.
This weekend's Top 10 is rounded out by Fox's action sequel "Transporter 2" and Rogue Pictures' "Cry Wolf," both earning just over $2 million.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show