The "Flight" Flies So High
Jodie Foster flies the airplane high, so high that it could successfully land to the 1st position at the North American box office on Sunday. "Flightplan," earning an estimated $24.4 million in its opening weekend in over 3,400 theatres, is overshadowed by the animated tale "Tim Burton's Corpse Bride," which takes the No.2 slot in its first wide weekend release with $20.1 million.
Last weekend's champion, "Just Like Heaven," slips two to No. 3 with $9.8 million, ahead of "Roll Bounce," which taking in $8 million. Else where, "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" clings at No. 5 with $7.5 million, and followed behind by "Lord of War" with $4.9 million. At No. 7 is Universal Pictures comedy "The 40-Year-Old Virgin," comes after which at No. 8 is "The Constant Gardener" with $2.2 million.
This weekend's Top 10 is rounded out by Fox's action sequel "Transporter 2" and Rogue Pictures' "Cry Wolf," both earning just over $2 million.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'