Steve Martin's Shopgirl
Love, tricks, and sex are all the staple supplies Steve Martin needs for his upcoming film, "Shopgirl." Showcases his versatility, the film begun with Martin's prose, his best-selling novella about a depressive wallflower pursued by a rich older man and an awkward young slacker.
Acts as the film producer, Martin also will star in as a lonely older man looking for love while settling for sex with a woman half his age. Joining him is Claire Danes as the wallflower named Mirabelle Buttersfield, and Jason Schwartzman as the slacker Jeremy Kraft.
And so the story follows Mirabelle, a disenchanted salesgirl and aspiring artist who sells gloves and accessories at a department store. She has two men in her life: wealthy divorcee Ray Porter and struggling musician Jeremy. Mirabelle falls in love with the glamorous Ray, and her life takes a magical turn, but eventually she realizes that she must empower herself and make a choice between them.
- Father of 3 Daughters Extends 'Redneck Love' to Ariana Grande After Manchester Bombing
- Nick Jonas' New Song 'Remember I Told You' Is a Sassy Breakup Jam
- Shia LaBeouf Sued for Defamation and Assault Following Bowling Alley Fight
- Blac Chyna Sends Fans Into Frenzy With Steamy Topless Pic
- 'Luke Cage' Season 2 Will Explore Luke's Public Identity
- Get a Look at Hulk's Glamorous Sakaar Bed in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Brad Pitt, Pharrell and More Celebrity Pals Attend Chris Cornell's Funeral
- Ariana Grande's Boyfriend Mac Miller Cancels Two Shows Following Manchester Bombing