Steve Martin's Shopgirl
Love, tricks, and sex are all the staple supplies Steve Martin needs for his upcoming film, "Shopgirl." Showcases his versatility, the film begun with Martin's prose, his best-selling novella about a depressive wallflower pursued by a rich older man and an awkward young slacker.
Acts as the film producer, Martin also will star in as a lonely older man looking for love while settling for sex with a woman half his age. Joining him is Claire Danes as the wallflower named Mirabelle Buttersfield, and Jason Schwartzman as the slacker Jeremy Kraft.
And so the story follows Mirabelle, a disenchanted salesgirl and aspiring artist who sells gloves and accessories at a department store. She has two men in her life: wealthy divorcee Ray Porter and struggling musician Jeremy. Mirabelle falls in love with the glamorous Ray, and her life takes a magical turn, but eventually she realizes that she must empower herself and make a choice between them.
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke