Steve Martin's Shopgirl
Love, tricks, and sex are all the staple supplies Steve Martin needs for his upcoming film, "Shopgirl." Showcases his versatility, the film begun with Martin's prose, his best-selling novella about a depressive wallflower pursued by a rich older man and an awkward young slacker.
Acts as the film producer, Martin also will star in as a lonely older man looking for love while settling for sex with a woman half his age. Joining him is Claire Danes as the wallflower named Mirabelle Buttersfield, and Jason Schwartzman as the slacker Jeremy Kraft.
And so the story follows Mirabelle, a disenchanted salesgirl and aspiring artist who sells gloves and accessories at a department store. She has two men in her life: wealthy divorcee Ray Porter and struggling musician Jeremy. Mirabelle falls in love with the glamorous Ray, and her life takes a magical turn, but eventually she realizes that she must empower herself and make a choice between them.
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group
- Artist of the Week: DJ Snake
- Idris Elba Confirms He Is Done Filming His Part in 'The Dark Tower'
- Kylie Jenner Gets Banned From Entering Club Where Tyga Performs. Here's Why