The Childs Win Lady of Soul Award
Super-group Destiny's Child nabbed the award for Best Group Single for "Soldier" at the 2005 Lady of Soul Awards, held Wednesday night. The Childs didn't attend the ceremony, hosted by R&B star Toni Braxton, Ciara, and singer Brian McKnight, but Eva Pigford, presenter and "America's Next Top Model" winner, accepted the award on the group's behalf.
Getting the award, Destiny's Child beat off such heavyweight nominees, as Nina Sky, The Pussycat Dolls and Xscape. Meanwhile, Soul diva Aretha Franklin bested the like of Ciara, Amerie, Fantasia Barrino and Destiny's Child, which were all up for multiple honors at the ceremony, wining the special 2005 Lena Horne Award for Outstanding Career Achievements, and joining Stevie Wonder for a duet.
- New 'Marvel's The Defenders' Trailer Includes First Look at 'The Punisher'
- Kanye West Plans to Respond to Jay-Z's Diss on '4:44' on New Album
- Jigsaw Is Back to Claim New Victims in Gruesome First Trailer
- 'The Affair': Ruth Wilson's Body Double Sues Showtime After Fired for Reporting Sexual Harassment
- Tyga Says He Warned Rob Kardashian About Blac Chyna's Game
- Lily Collins Locks Lips With High School Classmate During Romantic Italy Vacation
- 'Game of Thrones' Creators Defend 'Confederate' After Backlash Over Slavery Theme
- Kim Kardashian Is Basically Topless in Her Ripped Netted Outfit