The Childs Win Lady of Soul Award
Super-group Destiny's Child nabbed the award for Best Group Single for "Soldier" at the 2005 Lady of Soul Awards, held Wednesday night. The Childs didn't attend the ceremony, hosted by R&B star Toni Braxton, Ciara, and singer Brian McKnight, but Eva Pigford, presenter and "America's Next Top Model" winner, accepted the award on the group's behalf.
Getting the award, Destiny's Child beat off such heavyweight nominees, as Nina Sky, The Pussycat Dolls and Xscape. Meanwhile, Soul diva Aretha Franklin bested the like of Ciara, Amerie, Fantasia Barrino and Destiny's Child, which were all up for multiple honors at the ceremony, wining the special 2005 Lena Horne Award for Outstanding Career Achievements, and joining Stevie Wonder for a duet.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent