The Childs Win Lady of Soul Award
Super-group Destiny's Child nabbed the award for Best Group Single for "Soldier" at the 2005 Lady of Soul Awards, held Wednesday night. The Childs didn't attend the ceremony, hosted by R&B star Toni Braxton, Ciara, and singer Brian McKnight, but Eva Pigford, presenter and "America's Next Top Model" winner, accepted the award on the group's behalf.
Getting the award, Destiny's Child beat off such heavyweight nominees, as Nina Sky, The Pussycat Dolls and Xscape. Meanwhile, Soul diva Aretha Franklin bested the like of Ciara, Amerie, Fantasia Barrino and Destiny's Child, which were all up for multiple honors at the ceremony, wining the special 2005 Lena Horne Award for Outstanding Career Achievements, and joining Stevie Wonder for a duet.
- Kelly Clarkson and Chance The Rapper to Perform at White House's Christmas Tree Lighting
- Kim Kardashian Files Complaint Against Vitalii Sediuk Over Attempted Ambush
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Debuts Burgeoning Bump While Shopping for Baby in London
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video