The Childs Win Lady of Soul Award
Super-group Destiny's Child nabbed the award for Best Group Single for "Soldier" at the 2005 Lady of Soul Awards, held Wednesday night. The Childs didn't attend the ceremony, hosted by R&B star Toni Braxton, Ciara, and singer Brian McKnight, but Eva Pigford, presenter and "America's Next Top Model" winner, accepted the award on the group's behalf.
Getting the award, Destiny's Child beat off such heavyweight nominees, as Nina Sky, The Pussycat Dolls and Xscape. Meanwhile, Soul diva Aretha Franklin bested the like of Ciara, Amerie, Fantasia Barrino and Destiny's Child, which were all up for multiple honors at the ceremony, wining the special 2005 Lena Horne Award for Outstanding Career Achievements, and joining Stevie Wonder for a duet.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding