The Childs Win Lady of Soul Award
Super-group Destiny's Child nabbed the award for Best Group Single for "Soldier" at the 2005 Lady of Soul Awards, held Wednesday night. The Childs didn't attend the ceremony, hosted by R&B star Toni Braxton, Ciara, and singer Brian McKnight, but Eva Pigford, presenter and "America's Next Top Model" winner, accepted the award on the group's behalf.
Getting the award, Destiny's Child beat off such heavyweight nominees, as Nina Sky, The Pussycat Dolls and Xscape. Meanwhile, Soul diva Aretha Franklin bested the like of Ciara, Amerie, Fantasia Barrino and Destiny's Child, which were all up for multiple honors at the ceremony, wining the special 2005 Lena Horne Award for Outstanding Career Achievements, and joining Stevie Wonder for a duet.
More Destiny's Child News
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia