The Transporter Transports to #1
Taking in $20.25 million in tickets over four days beginning Friday, "The Transporter 2" sets a new record in this weekend box office, debuting at #1. In time, the third week of Universal's "The 40-Year-Old Virgin" slips to 2nd with $16.6 million after two weekends on top. The well-reviewed "The Constant Gardener," to follow, opens at #3 with $10.8 million.
At #4 is "Red Eye" with $9.3 million, and soon followed by "The Brothers Grimm" at #5 with $7.9 million. Rounding out this weekend's Top 10 is "Four Brothers," at #6 with $6.4 million, "Wedding Crashers," at #7 with $5.7 million, "March of the Penguins," at #8 with $5.4 million, and "The Skeleton Key," which comes at #9 with $4.1 million and followed behind by "The Cave," at #10 with $3.7 million.
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4
- Drake's 'Views' Gets Quadruple-Platinum Certification
- Jimmy Kimmel Selected to Host 2017 Academy Awards
- Back on? Ryan Seacrest Spotted on Romantic Bike Ride With Ex Shayna Taylor in Venice
- Swoon Alert! Michelle Williams and James Van Der Beek Have 'Dawson's Creek' Mini Reunion
- Taylor Lautner Caught Making Out With His 'Scream Queens' Co-Star Billie Lourd
- Liam Payne's Facebook Is Hacked With Porn Images of Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry
- Optimus Prime Wants to Kill Bumblebee in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' First Teaser Trailer