Al Pacino Nabs The "Refifi"
Stone Village Pictures has acquired the remake rights to the 1955 French heist classic "Refifi," which originally directed by Jules Dassin in France. As the do so, Harold Becker has been appointed to direct, while famous actor Al Pacino is set to star.
"Refifi" revolves around a career thief who, upon leaving prison, discovers his wife has left him. He returns to crime, plotting a daring jewelry store heist and Al Pacino will star as the criminal mastermind.
In related news, the actor also is reported by British tabloid The Sun that he's going to play Napoleon in an undisclosed new film. The film, produced by Barry Navidi, reportedly will concentrate on the last few years of Napoleon's life in exile, which is based on the diaries of British teenager Betsy Balcombe, who struck up a relationship with Napoleon when he was living on St. Helena, and with whom he subsequently became infatuated.
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'