Al Pacino Nabs The "Refifi"
Stone Village Pictures has acquired the remake rights to the 1955 French heist classic "Refifi," which originally directed by Jules Dassin in France. As the do so, Harold Becker has been appointed to direct, while famous actor Al Pacino is set to star.
"Refifi" revolves around a career thief who, upon leaving prison, discovers his wife has left him. He returns to crime, plotting a daring jewelry store heist and Al Pacino will star as the criminal mastermind.
In related news, the actor also is reported by British tabloid The Sun that he's going to play Napoleon in an undisclosed new film. The film, produced by Barry Navidi, reportedly will concentrate on the last few years of Napoleon's life in exile, which is based on the diaries of British teenager Betsy Balcombe, who struck up a relationship with Napoleon when he was living on St. Helena, and with whom he subsequently became infatuated.
- Seth Rogen's R-Rated Animated Comedy 'Sausage Party' to Join Oscar Race
- Rihanna Regrets Skipping Drake's Party and Letting Taylor Swift Steal the Spotlight
- Olivia Wilde Shares Breastfeeding Photo, Finds New Drinking Buddy in Newborn Daughter
- Twitter Rips Drake for Mocking Kid Cudi's Mental Illness in New Diss Track
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery