Al Pacino Nabs The "Refifi"
Stone Village Pictures has acquired the remake rights to the 1955 French heist classic "Refifi," which originally directed by Jules Dassin in France. As the do so, Harold Becker has been appointed to direct, while famous actor Al Pacino is set to star.
"Refifi" revolves around a career thief who, upon leaving prison, discovers his wife has left him. He returns to crime, plotting a daring jewelry store heist and Al Pacino will star as the criminal mastermind.
In related news, the actor also is reported by British tabloid The Sun that he's going to play Napoleon in an undisclosed new film. The film, produced by Barry Navidi, reportedly will concentrate on the last few years of Napoleon's life in exile, which is based on the diaries of British teenager Betsy Balcombe, who struck up a relationship with Napoleon when he was living on St. Helena, and with whom he subsequently became infatuated.
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7: Major Spoiler About Daenerys Leaked