Al Pacino Nabs The "Refifi"
Stone Village Pictures has acquired the remake rights to the 1955 French heist classic "Refifi," which originally directed by Jules Dassin in France. As the do so, Harold Becker has been appointed to direct, while famous actor Al Pacino is set to star.
"Refifi" revolves around a career thief who, upon leaving prison, discovers his wife has left him. He returns to crime, plotting a daring jewelry store heist and Al Pacino will star as the criminal mastermind.
In related news, the actor also is reported by British tabloid The Sun that he's going to play Napoleon in an undisclosed new film. The film, produced by Barry Navidi, reportedly will concentrate on the last few years of Napoleon's life in exile, which is based on the diaries of British teenager Betsy Balcombe, who struck up a relationship with Napoleon when he was living on St. Helena, and with whom he subsequently became infatuated.
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West