Al Pacino Nabs The "Refifi"
Stone Village Pictures has acquired the remake rights to the 1955 French heist classic "Refifi," which originally directed by Jules Dassin in France. As the do so, Harold Becker has been appointed to direct, while famous actor Al Pacino is set to star.
"Refifi" revolves around a career thief who, upon leaving prison, discovers his wife has left him. He returns to crime, plotting a daring jewelry store heist and Al Pacino will star as the criminal mastermind.
In related news, the actor also is reported by British tabloid The Sun that he's going to play Napoleon in an undisclosed new film. The film, produced by Barry Navidi, reportedly will concentrate on the last few years of Napoleon's life in exile, which is based on the diaries of British teenager Betsy Balcombe, who struck up a relationship with Napoleon when he was living on St. Helena, and with whom he subsequently became infatuated.
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'