Jolie Receives Cambodian Citizenship
Hollywood actress Angelina Jolie has been awarded Cambodian citizenship by Cambodia's king for her conservation work in this poverty-stricken country. Sok Sam Oeun, an official of the Council of Ministers, said Friday that King Norodom Sihamoni has, on July 31, signed a royal decree approving citizenship for the actress.
Jolie is giving the Cambodian Vision in Development, a community development group, US$1.5 million (€1.21 million) for its environmental protection efforts in remote parts of the country's northwest. And during her most recent visit to Cambodia in July last year, Prime Minister Hun Sen had offered her citizenship in recognition of her generosity.
Mounh Sarath, director of Cambodian Vision in Development said "This is what we have dreamed for her for a long time. Now it's a dream come true." Further he revealed that Jolie deserves citizenship "not because of the money she has given but her good heart and love" for the Cambodian people.
More Angelina Jolie News
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!