Jolie Receives Cambodian Citizenship
Hollywood actress Angelina Jolie has been awarded Cambodian citizenship by Cambodia's king for her conservation work in this poverty-stricken country. Sok Sam Oeun, an official of the Council of Ministers, said Friday that King Norodom Sihamoni has, on July 31, signed a royal decree approving citizenship for the actress.
Jolie is giving the Cambodian Vision in Development, a community development group, US$1.5 million (€1.21 million) for its environmental protection efforts in remote parts of the country's northwest. And during her most recent visit to Cambodia in July last year, Prime Minister Hun Sen had offered her citizenship in recognition of her generosity.
Mounh Sarath, director of Cambodian Vision in Development said "This is what we have dreamed for her for a long time. Now it's a dream come true." Further he revealed that Jolie deserves citizenship "not because of the money she has given but her good heart and love" for the Cambodian people.
More Angelina Jolie News
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert