Jolie Receives Cambodian Citizenship
Hollywood actress Angelina Jolie has been awarded Cambodian citizenship by Cambodia's king for her conservation work in this poverty-stricken country. Sok Sam Oeun, an official of the Council of Ministers, said Friday that King Norodom Sihamoni has, on July 31, signed a royal decree approving citizenship for the actress.
Jolie is giving the Cambodian Vision in Development, a community development group, US$1.5 million (€1.21 million) for its environmental protection efforts in remote parts of the country's northwest. And during her most recent visit to Cambodia in July last year, Prime Minister Hun Sen had offered her citizenship in recognition of her generosity.
Mounh Sarath, director of Cambodian Vision in Development said "This is what we have dreamed for her for a long time. Now it's a dream come true." Further he revealed that Jolie deserves citizenship "not because of the money she has given but her good heart and love" for the Cambodian people.
- Kylie Jenner Launches Kyshadow Collection
- Rob Kardashian Fights With Blac Chyna, Deletes All Signs of Her on Instagram
- Four New Christina Grimmie Music Videos Will Be Released in August
- Justin Timberlake's Fan Arrested After Slapping the Singer at Golf Tournament
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures