Jolie Receives Cambodian Citizenship
Hollywood actress Angelina Jolie has been awarded Cambodian citizenship by Cambodia's king for her conservation work in this poverty-stricken country. Sok Sam Oeun, an official of the Council of Ministers, said Friday that King Norodom Sihamoni has, on July 31, signed a royal decree approving citizenship for the actress.
Jolie is giving the Cambodian Vision in Development, a community development group, US$1.5 million (€1.21 million) for its environmental protection efforts in remote parts of the country's northwest. And during her most recent visit to Cambodia in July last year, Prime Minister Hun Sen had offered her citizenship in recognition of her generosity.
Mounh Sarath, director of Cambodian Vision in Development said "This is what we have dreamed for her for a long time. Now it's a dream come true." Further he revealed that Jolie deserves citizenship "not because of the money she has given but her good heart and love" for the Cambodian people.
More Angelina Jolie News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie