Jolie Receives Cambodian Citizenship
Hollywood actress Angelina Jolie has been awarded Cambodian citizenship by Cambodia's king for her conservation work in this poverty-stricken country. Sok Sam Oeun, an official of the Council of Ministers, said Friday that King Norodom Sihamoni has, on July 31, signed a royal decree approving citizenship for the actress.
Jolie is giving the Cambodian Vision in Development, a community development group, US$1.5 million (€1.21 million) for its environmental protection efforts in remote parts of the country's northwest. And during her most recent visit to Cambodia in July last year, Prime Minister Hun Sen had offered her citizenship in recognition of her generosity.
Mounh Sarath, director of Cambodian Vision in Development said "This is what we have dreamed for her for a long time. Now it's a dream come true." Further he revealed that Jolie deserves citizenship "not because of the money she has given but her good heart and love" for the Cambodian people.
More Angelina Jolie News
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?