Big Boi Cuts the Purple Ribbon
Wanting to join the competition and vie his other contenders, Big Boi of OutKast ramps up the launch of his Purple Ribbon label. Marking the label's first release is a compilation from the Purple Ribbon All-Stars on October 4. That first project features the single "Kryptonite" featuring Big Boi, Killer Mike, C-Bone and Rock D.
Soon then, the label will release new albums from Killer Mike and rapper Bubba Sparxxx, which both due out in the fall. Besides, Purple Ribbon has also signed Sleepy Brown and is in the process of securing the services of veteran Southern rap act Goodie Mob.
As for Big Boi, he is expected to hold a press conference to discuss the label Friday in Atlanta along with Killer Mike, Sparxxx, Brown, Janelle Monet and Koncrete. OutKast, to add, is planning to reactivate this fall with the Jive release of a soundtrack album to accompany its first film titled "My Life in Idlewild."
More Big Boi News
- Meghan Markle Wants Prince Harry to Build Her 'Enormous' Shoe Room at Kensington Palace
- Kylie Jenner Licks Khloe Kardashian's Chest in Saucy Pic for 'KUWTK' 10th Anniversary
- Hacker Threatens to Leak 'Orange Is the New Black' Season 5 Unless Netflix Pays Ransom
- Sean Paul Connects With Migos for Epic Beach Party in New Video for 'Body'
- Justin Bieber 'Loves' Popping His Pimples Just to Get Attention
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Will Be Set in Hogwarts Stand-In Location
- Brad Pitt to Have Plactic Surgery as Angelina Jolie Divorce Ruins His Appearance
- ABC's 'Gong Show' Reboot Taps Tommy Maitland or Presumably Mike Myers in Disguise to Host