Big Boi Cuts the Purple Ribbon
Wanting to join the competition and vie his other contenders, Big Boi of OutKast ramps up the launch of his Purple Ribbon label. Marking the label's first release is a compilation from the Purple Ribbon All-Stars on October 4. That first project features the single "Kryptonite" featuring Big Boi, Killer Mike, C-Bone and Rock D.
Soon then, the label will release new albums from Killer Mike and rapper Bubba Sparxxx, which both due out in the fall. Besides, Purple Ribbon has also signed Sleepy Brown and is in the process of securing the services of veteran Southern rap act Goodie Mob.
As for Big Boi, he is expected to hold a press conference to discuss the label Friday in Atlanta along with Killer Mike, Sparxxx, Brown, Janelle Monet and Koncrete. OutKast, to add, is planning to reactivate this fall with the Jive release of a soundtrack album to accompany its first film titled "My Life in Idlewild."
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special
- Zendaya Calls Out 'Pervs' Who Say She's Masturbating on Her Wonderland Cover
- Rihanna Flashes Nipples in See-Through Dress and Later Steps Out in Green Tutu Dress
- The Rock's New Action Flick 'Skyscraper' Acquired by Legendary
- Lindsay Lohan and Beau Egor Tarabasov Get Cozy During Movie Date in London
- Calvin Harris Cancels More Las Vegas Shows After Car Accident
- Jake Gyllenhaal Helps Amy Schumer Spoof 'Catfish' and the Victim Becomes Obscure