Big Boi Cuts the Purple Ribbon
Wanting to join the competition and vie his other contenders, Big Boi of OutKast ramps up the launch of his Purple Ribbon label. Marking the label's first release is a compilation from the Purple Ribbon All-Stars on October 4. That first project features the single "Kryptonite" featuring Big Boi, Killer Mike, C-Bone and Rock D.
Soon then, the label will release new albums from Killer Mike and rapper Bubba Sparxxx, which both due out in the fall. Besides, Purple Ribbon has also signed Sleepy Brown and is in the process of securing the services of veteran Southern rap act Goodie Mob.
As for Big Boi, he is expected to hold a press conference to discuss the label Friday in Atlanta along with Killer Mike, Sparxxx, Brown, Janelle Monet and Koncrete. OutKast, to add, is planning to reactivate this fall with the Jive release of a soundtrack album to accompany its first film titled "My Life in Idlewild."
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert