Ciara really is one of the music Goodies. She's been chosen to host the 10th annual Soul Train Lady of Soul Awards, held September 7 at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium, along with singers Brian McKnight and Toni Braxton. In fact, that's nothing compares to her achievement, leads all nominees this year with five nods.
Ciara, to be more specific, grabs a completely 5 nominations, mainly for Best New Artist, Solo Album, Dance Cut and Music Video for "1, 2 Step," and Song of The Year for "Goodies," which features rapper Petey Pablo. In addition, she also is nominated for the Dance Cut and Music Video category for her collaboration with Missy Elliott on "Lose Control."
Other leading nominees for the awards include Destiny's Child, Amerie, past American Idol champ Fantasia Barrino, Mariah Carey, Alicia Keys, Nina Sky, Mis-Teeq, Brooke Valentine, Teedra Moses, and Jill Scott. On top of them, there will be a special tribute to the first lady of soul herself, Aretha Franklin, who will get the Lena Horne Award from friend Stevie Wonder.
More Ciara News
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab