Ciara really is one of the music Goodies. She's been chosen to host the 10th annual Soul Train Lady of Soul Awards, held September 7 at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium, along with singers Brian McKnight and Toni Braxton. In fact, that's nothing compares to her achievement, leads all nominees this year with five nods.
Ciara, to be more specific, grabs a completely 5 nominations, mainly for Best New Artist, Solo Album, Dance Cut and Music Video for "1, 2 Step," and Song of The Year for "Goodies," which features rapper Petey Pablo. In addition, she also is nominated for the Dance Cut and Music Video category for her collaboration with Missy Elliott on "Lose Control."
Other leading nominees for the awards include Destiny's Child, Amerie, past American Idol champ Fantasia Barrino, Mariah Carey, Alicia Keys, Nina Sky, Mis-Teeq, Brooke Valentine, Teedra Moses, and Jill Scott. On top of them, there will be a special tribute to the first lady of soul herself, Aretha Franklin, who will get the Lena Horne Award from friend Stevie Wonder.
More Ciara News
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert