Ciara really is one of the music Goodies. She's been chosen to host the 10th annual Soul Train Lady of Soul Awards, held September 7 at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium, along with singers Brian McKnight and Toni Braxton. In fact, that's nothing compares to her achievement, leads all nominees this year with five nods.
Ciara, to be more specific, grabs a completely 5 nominations, mainly for Best New Artist, Solo Album, Dance Cut and Music Video for "1, 2 Step," and Song of The Year for "Goodies," which features rapper Petey Pablo. In addition, she also is nominated for the Dance Cut and Music Video category for her collaboration with Missy Elliott on "Lose Control."
Other leading nominees for the awards include Destiny's Child, Amerie, past American Idol champ Fantasia Barrino, Mariah Carey, Alicia Keys, Nina Sky, Mis-Teeq, Brooke Valentine, Teedra Moses, and Jill Scott. On top of them, there will be a special tribute to the first lady of soul herself, Aretha Franklin, who will get the Lena Horne Award from friend Stevie Wonder.
More Ciara News
- Adele Secretly Tied the Knot With Simon Konecki in Low-Key Ceremony at Home
- Demi Moore Is Set to Star as Mysterious Nurse on 'Empire' Season 4
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in Front of Son Cairo and Other Kids
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Seen Together Again Entering a Hotel in Milan
- 'Godzilla: King of Monsters' Taps Kyle Chandler as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Father
- New 'Alien: Covenant' Photo Confirms James Franco's Casting
- Beyonce and Jay-Z 'Are in the Best Place in Their Marriage'
- Stephen King's 'Castle Rock' Adaptation From J.J. Abrams Gets Series Order at Hulu