Ciara really is one of the music Goodies. She's been chosen to host the 10th annual Soul Train Lady of Soul Awards, held September 7 at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium, along with singers Brian McKnight and Toni Braxton. In fact, that's nothing compares to her achievement, leads all nominees this year with five nods.
Ciara, to be more specific, grabs a completely 5 nominations, mainly for Best New Artist, Solo Album, Dance Cut and Music Video for "1, 2 Step," and Song of The Year for "Goodies," which features rapper Petey Pablo. In addition, she also is nominated for the Dance Cut and Music Video category for her collaboration with Missy Elliott on "Lose Control."
Other leading nominees for the awards include Destiny's Child, Amerie, past American Idol champ Fantasia Barrino, Mariah Carey, Alicia Keys, Nina Sky, Mis-Teeq, Brooke Valentine, Teedra Moses, and Jill Scott. On top of them, there will be a special tribute to the first lady of soul herself, Aretha Franklin, who will get the Lena Horne Award from friend Stevie Wonder.
More Ciara News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy