Ciara really is one of the music Goodies. She's been chosen to host the 10th annual Soul Train Lady of Soul Awards, held September 7 at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium, along with singers Brian McKnight and Toni Braxton. In fact, that's nothing compares to her achievement, leads all nominees this year with five nods.
Ciara, to be more specific, grabs a completely 5 nominations, mainly for Best New Artist, Solo Album, Dance Cut and Music Video for "1, 2 Step," and Song of The Year for "Goodies," which features rapper Petey Pablo. In addition, she also is nominated for the Dance Cut and Music Video category for her collaboration with Missy Elliott on "Lose Control."
Other leading nominees for the awards include Destiny's Child, Amerie, past American Idol champ Fantasia Barrino, Mariah Carey, Alicia Keys, Nina Sky, Mis-Teeq, Brooke Valentine, Teedra Moses, and Jill Scott. On top of them, there will be a special tribute to the first lady of soul herself, Aretha Franklin, who will get the Lena Horne Award from friend Stevie Wonder.
More Ciara News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!