DiFranco Takes One Year Hiatus
Because of worsening tendonitis in her wrists and hands, singer-songwriter Ani DiFranco will take one-year career hiatus, beginning this month after her July 31 gig in Floyd, Va. This ploy obviously makes DiFranco to cancel her West Coast tour due to begin August 30 in Boise, Idaho.
Explaining this, her spokesperson said in a statement, "If she were to continue to perform at this time, she would risk permanent nerve damage to her hands." During her recovery, DiFranco is planning "several new recording projects" with unspecified special guests, as well as a new solo album due sometime in 2006 via her own Righteous Babe label. She will also speak as part of the New Yorker Festival on September 24 in the Big Apple.
- Control Freak Angelina Jolie 'Keeps Tabs' on Brad Pitt: She Has Google Alert on His Name
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Speculations After Seen Shopping Together in NYC
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think