DiFranco Takes One Year Hiatus
Because of worsening tendonitis in her wrists and hands, singer-songwriter Ani DiFranco will take one-year career hiatus, beginning this month after her July 31 gig in Floyd, Va. This ploy obviously makes DiFranco to cancel her West Coast tour due to begin August 30 in Boise, Idaho.
Explaining this, her spokesperson said in a statement, "If she were to continue to perform at this time, she would risk permanent nerve damage to her hands." During her recovery, DiFranco is planning "several new recording projects" with unspecified special guests, as well as a new solo album due sometime in 2006 via her own Righteous Babe label. She will also speak as part of the New Yorker Festival on September 24 in the Big Apple.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns