DiFranco Takes One Year Hiatus
Because of worsening tendonitis in her wrists and hands, singer-songwriter Ani DiFranco will take one-year career hiatus, beginning this month after her July 31 gig in Floyd, Va. This ploy obviously makes DiFranco to cancel her West Coast tour due to begin August 30 in Boise, Idaho.
Explaining this, her spokesperson said in a statement, "If she were to continue to perform at this time, she would risk permanent nerve damage to her hands." During her recovery, DiFranco is planning "several new recording projects" with unspecified special guests, as well as a new solo album due sometime in 2006 via her own Righteous Babe label. She will also speak as part of the New Yorker Festival on September 24 in the Big Apple.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour