DiFranco Takes One Year Hiatus
Because of worsening tendonitis in her wrists and hands, singer-songwriter Ani DiFranco will take one-year career hiatus, beginning this month after her July 31 gig in Floyd, Va. This ploy obviously makes DiFranco to cancel her West Coast tour due to begin August 30 in Boise, Idaho.
Explaining this, her spokesperson said in a statement, "If she were to continue to perform at this time, she would risk permanent nerve damage to her hands." During her recovery, DiFranco is planning "several new recording projects" with unspecified special guests, as well as a new solo album due sometime in 2006 via her own Righteous Babe label. She will also speak as part of the New Yorker Festival on September 24 in the Big Apple.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'