DiFranco Takes One Year Hiatus
Because of worsening tendonitis in her wrists and hands, singer-songwriter Ani DiFranco will take one-year career hiatus, beginning this month after her July 31 gig in Floyd, Va. This ploy obviously makes DiFranco to cancel her West Coast tour due to begin August 30 in Boise, Idaho.
Explaining this, her spokesperson said in a statement, "If she were to continue to perform at this time, she would risk permanent nerve damage to her hands." During her recovery, DiFranco is planning "several new recording projects" with unspecified special guests, as well as a new solo album due sometime in 2006 via her own Righteous Babe label. She will also speak as part of the New Yorker Festival on September 24 in the Big Apple.
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters