"Prairie Wind" Awaken Neil Young
These days aren't too windy for Neil Young to release his latest album, "Prairie Wind," as a CD/DVD package. Thus, the singer said on his Web site (http://www.neilyoung.com) he would have the album released September 20 via Reprise Records. Involved in this project are keyboardist Spooner Oldham, pedal steel guitarist Ben Keith and drummer Carl Himmel.
Further news mentioned Young is set to appear at the annual Farm Aid benefit concert September 18 in Tinley Park, Ill., which will feature performances from Willie Nelson, John Mellencamp, Dave Matthews Band, Wilco and Kenny Chesney. Shortly thereafter, the singer will continue performing at his long-running Bridge School fundraiser October 29-30 in Mountain View, Calif.
In addition to his hectic schedules, Young will also be the subject of a concert film directed by Jonathan Demme to be shot during several performances next month at Nashville's Ryman Auditorium. There on his Web site the singer says his next major project will be the release of "Archives Vol. 1" on a yet-to-be-announced date.
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'