"Prairie Wind" Awaken Neil Young
These days aren't too windy for Neil Young to release his latest album, "Prairie Wind," as a CD/DVD package. Thus, the singer said on his Web site (http://www.neilyoung.com) he would have the album released September 20 via Reprise Records. Involved in this project are keyboardist Spooner Oldham, pedal steel guitarist Ben Keith and drummer Carl Himmel.
Further news mentioned Young is set to appear at the annual Farm Aid benefit concert September 18 in Tinley Park, Ill., which will feature performances from Willie Nelson, John Mellencamp, Dave Matthews Band, Wilco and Kenny Chesney. Shortly thereafter, the singer will continue performing at his long-running Bridge School fundraiser October 29-30 in Mountain View, Calif.
In addition to his hectic schedules, Young will also be the subject of a concert film directed by Jonathan Demme to be shot during several performances next month at Nashville's Ryman Auditorium. There on his Web site the singer says his next major project will be the release of "Archives Vol. 1" on a yet-to-be-announced date.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent