"Prairie Wind" Awaken Neil Young
These days aren't too windy for Neil Young to release his latest album, "Prairie Wind," as a CD/DVD package. Thus, the singer said on his Web site (http://www.neilyoung.com) he would have the album released September 20 via Reprise Records. Involved in this project are keyboardist Spooner Oldham, pedal steel guitarist Ben Keith and drummer Carl Himmel.
Further news mentioned Young is set to appear at the annual Farm Aid benefit concert September 18 in Tinley Park, Ill., which will feature performances from Willie Nelson, John Mellencamp, Dave Matthews Band, Wilco and Kenny Chesney. Shortly thereafter, the singer will continue performing at his long-running Bridge School fundraiser October 29-30 in Mountain View, Calif.
In addition to his hectic schedules, Young will also be the subject of a concert film directed by Jonathan Demme to be shot during several performances next month at Nashville's Ryman Auditorium. There on his Web site the singer says his next major project will be the release of "Archives Vol. 1" on a yet-to-be-announced date.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'