"Prairie Wind" Awaken Neil Young
These days aren't too windy for Neil Young to release his latest album, "Prairie Wind," as a CD/DVD package. Thus, the singer said on his Web site (http://www.neilyoung.com) he would have the album released September 20 via Reprise Records. Involved in this project are keyboardist Spooner Oldham, pedal steel guitarist Ben Keith and drummer Carl Himmel.
Further news mentioned Young is set to appear at the annual Farm Aid benefit concert September 18 in Tinley Park, Ill., which will feature performances from Willie Nelson, John Mellencamp, Dave Matthews Band, Wilco and Kenny Chesney. Shortly thereafter, the singer will continue performing at his long-running Bridge School fundraiser October 29-30 in Mountain View, Calif.
In addition to his hectic schedules, Young will also be the subject of a concert film directed by Jonathan Demme to be shot during several performances next month at Nashville's Ryman Auditorium. There on his Web site the singer says his next major project will be the release of "Archives Vol. 1" on a yet-to-be-announced date.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce