"Prairie Wind" Awaken Neil Young
These days aren't too windy for Neil Young to release his latest album, "Prairie Wind," as a CD/DVD package. Thus, the singer said on his Web site (http://www.neilyoung.com) he would have the album released September 20 via Reprise Records. Involved in this project are keyboardist Spooner Oldham, pedal steel guitarist Ben Keith and drummer Carl Himmel.
Further news mentioned Young is set to appear at the annual Farm Aid benefit concert September 18 in Tinley Park, Ill., which will feature performances from Willie Nelson, John Mellencamp, Dave Matthews Band, Wilco and Kenny Chesney. Shortly thereafter, the singer will continue performing at his long-running Bridge School fundraiser October 29-30 in Mountain View, Calif.
In addition to his hectic schedules, Young will also be the subject of a concert film directed by Jonathan Demme to be shot during several performances next month at Nashville's Ryman Auditorium. There on his Web site the singer says his next major project will be the release of "Archives Vol. 1" on a yet-to-be-announced date.
More Neil Young News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story