Blunt Secures First Number One
After spending 7 weeks on the U.K. charts, singer/songwriter James Blunt, who is also an ex-British army officer, secured his potential - landing at No.1 on both the UK album and singles chart Sunday. At the same time his ballad "You're Beautiful" tops the single chart, his debut album "Back to Bedlam" also lands the top spot at album chart.
Elsewhere, last week champ 2Pac's "Ghetto Gospel" featuring Elton John drops to second and soon followed by Mariah Carey's "We Belong Together" at three. While new entry Elton John's "Electricity" is at four, Charlotte Church's "Crazy Chick" slips one to number five. Another new entry in the top 10 is Inaya Day, whose "Nasty Girl" opened at No. 9.
In related news, as Blunt's album secures the top album chart, Coldplay's "X&Y" slips to No. 2. Meanwhile, Faithless' "Forever Faithless" continues at three, whereas the Kaiser Chiefs' "Unemployment" is at four and Charlotte Church's "Tissues and Issues" lands at five.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip