Wanted: A Lead Singer
The onetime hit-making 1980s band INXS has inked a new deal with Epic Records. "We're very happy to be joining the Epic family and can't wait to get back into the studio to record again," so guitarist Andrew Farriss said in a press release Thursday.
To begin the new chapter, CBS has on Monday started airing Rock Star: INXS, a reality competition which is aimed to deliver the band a new singer to replace Michael Hutchence, who committed suicide in 1997. Later on, the eventual winner will perform with INXS in the live concert finale, record an album with the band and then front a subsequent INXS world tour playing more than 100 cities. The album and tour are slated for later this year.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'