Wanted: A Lead Singer
The onetime hit-making 1980s band INXS has inked a new deal with Epic Records. "We're very happy to be joining the Epic family and can't wait to get back into the studio to record again," so guitarist Andrew Farriss said in a press release Thursday.
To begin the new chapter, CBS has on Monday started airing Rock Star: INXS, a reality competition which is aimed to deliver the band a new singer to replace Michael Hutchence, who committed suicide in 1997. Later on, the eventual winner will perform with INXS in the live concert finale, record an album with the band and then front a subsequent INXS world tour playing more than 100 cities. The album and tour are slated for later this year.
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger
- Mel Gibson Welcomes Baby No. 9 - Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Lady GaGa Set to Release New Album in 2017
- 'My Super Sweet 16' Is Getting a Revival on MTV
- Iggy Azalea's New Beau LJay Currie Gets Two Handfuls of Her Boobs and Ass