Heartbroken Wonder's Generosity
Was heartbroken with the June 12 blaze in the city's Kensington neighborhood that killed 5 children: Summer Cooke, 5; Samantha Bowers, 4; Sabrina Dickson, 22 months; Amber Johnson, 3; and Reginald Ringgold, 1, Stevie Wonder is planning to visit those children's family besides arranging to pay their funeral expenses. Ira Tucker, the musician publicist, said "Stevie feels good about this. It's been just a heart-wrenching thing."
The first three victims mentioned are all siblings, whose mother Shannon Bowers and boyfriend Lester Cooke escaped form the fire by jumping from a second-floor window into a children's wading pool on the sidewalk. Investigators are still trying to determine the causes.
More Stevie Wonder News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences